ClubAdventist is back!

Destruction of Privacy

lazarus

• Moderators

“There is a massive apparatus within the United States government that with complete secrecy has been building this enormous structure that has only one goal, and that is to destroy privacy and anonymity, not just in the United States, but around the world,” Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian columnist who broke the news about the government's collection of Verizon phone data, told CNN's Piers Morgan on Thursday night. “That is not hyperbole. That is their objective.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/?hp=

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

There was a time I bled Red, White and Blue. I loved this country! I did my civic duty; voted, worked on campagings, recieved a B.S. and did my Graduate work in poltical science; I even went and worked on Capitol Hill in the U.S. Senate.

Yet, after returning back to the bible and studying scripture, I finally came to the conclusion that my efforts in politics and my patriotism were futile; especially understanding that I live in a country that will ultimately faciliate the efforts of the first beast of Revelation. As a result, I have tranformed my citizenship from that of a U.S. citizen, to a citizen of heaven who lives in the U.S. I still love the principles that this country stood for, yet I can not rational this away in knowing the "lamb" principle found in the book of Revelation.

TEXTUS RECEPTUS

YES I am thankful live in the U.S.A and still have some freedoms that other

people in other countries do not have at all

dgrimm60

Yes, I can agree that the inevitable has yet to happen; however, again, my conscience can not find away to support a system that is taking steps behind the scenes to persecute the people of God. I see our freedoms as an illusion as the article has pointed out.

That said, I agree, we do live in a wonderful country. Point well taken, however, it was prophesised that it would espouse a gentle nature but would eventually speak for Lucifer. I can not close my eyes to this reality. Our freedoms are no longer inherent, they are controlled to give us the perception that they are. And, if they are not controlled, then we as Adventist can not with a good faith say we are living in the last days.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

I came to the conclusion that neither of the 2 major parties were that much different

Jesse Ventura said that we live in a 2 party dictatorship. I agree.

• Members

There was a time I bled Red, White and Blue. I loved this country! I did my civic duty; voted, worked on campagings, recieved a B.S. and did my Graduate work in poltical science; I even went and worked on Capitol Hill in the U.S. Senate.

Yet, after returning back to the bible and studying scripture, I finally came to the conclusion that my efforts in politics and my patriotism were futile; especially understanding that I live in a country that will ultimately faciliate the efforts of the first beast of Revelation. As a result, I have tranformed my citizenship from that of a U.S. citizen, to a citizen of heaven who lives in the U.S. I still love the principles that this country stood for, yet I can not rational this away in knowing the "lamb" principle found in the book of Revelation.

You got that right TR

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

TEXUS RECEPTUS

I have voted for 3rd party candidates for the last 6 presidential candidate

I came to the conclusion that neither of the 2 major parties were

that much different

dgrimm60

dgrimm, the third party isn't any better!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

Apparently sales of 1984 have sky-rocketed but I think its too late.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

And yet, for the sake of privacy without exception, this is the result in a world that has no requirements or conscience.

Quote:
The Last Mystery of the Financial Crisis

It's long been suspected that ratings agencies like Moody's and Standard & Poor's helped trigger the meltdown. A new trove of embarrassing documents shows how they did it

By Matt Taibbi for Rolling Stone | Yahoo! Finance – 2 hours 34 minutes ago

Mystery of the Financial Crisis

What about the ratings agencies?

That's what "they" always say about the financial crisis and the teeming rat's nest of corruption it left behind. Everybody else got plenty of blame: the greed-fattened banks, the sleeping regulators, the unscrupulous mortgage hucksters like spray-tanned Countrywide ex-CEO Angelo Mozilo.

But what about the ratings agencies? Isn't it true that almost none of the fraud that's swallowed Wall Street in the past decade could have taken place without companies like Moody's and Standard & Poor's rubber-stamping it? Aren't they guilty, too?

Man, are they ever. And a lot more than even the least generous of us suspected.

Thanks to a mountain of evidence gathered for a pair of major lawsuits by the San Diego-based law firm Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, documents that for the most part have never been seen by the general public, we now know that the nation's two top ratings companies, Moody's and S&P, have for many years been shameless tools for the banks, willing to give just about anything a high rating in exchange for cash.

[Read more from Rolling Stone: Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-last-mystery-of-the-financial-crisis-154447818.html

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

As a result, I have tranformed my citizenship from that of a U.S. citizen, to a citizen of heaven who lives in the U.S. I still love the principles that this country stood for, yet I can not rational this away in knowing the "lamb" principle found in the book of Revelation.

:like:

"Regarding Jerusalem it will be said, “Everyone enjoys the rights of citizenship there.” And the Most High will personally bless this city."Psalm 87:5 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!