ClubAdventist is back!

Why I Can No Longer Defend the Ministry of Women in the Church

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

Food for thought - Why I Can No Longer Defend the Ministry of Women in the Church

How many similar stories of Adventist women can you think of?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Josephine C. Edwards, Missionary, teacher, author, and world traveling story teller. Powerfully she glorified God.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

"Josephine C. Edwards, Missionary, teacher, author, and world traveling story teller. Powerfully she glorified God."

Josephine Edwards, Goldie Down, Norma Youngberg.....Someone characterized them as "Three of Adventism's greatest Fiction writers".....

Remember "Nyla and the White Crocodile"? When I visited Bukit Nyala, the supposed site of the story nobody there had ever heard of Nyla. Nuff Sed

• Administrators

As were many of the character building children's bedtime stories by Maxwell.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Other Leading Christian Women Whose Ministries Need No Defense:

Kathryn Kuhlman

Aimee Semple McPherson

Marilyn Hickey

Joyce Meyer

Mary Woodworth Etter

Ellen White

Sorry fellers, ya'll gots it backwards. Them there women folks need to be at the home front wipin snotty noses and suppurtin us fellers while we hammer the word of the All Mighty into them there gentiles and smack around them there homo's. Gots to show the power of the Father to them anti shootin people folks as well. I need me some good grits after a day of all that there. Them skirts gots no business at a pulpit, it the Beelzebub talkin through them tryin to deceive us all anyhoo.

Repent!

10-4 good buddy! If them wimin spended more time cookin' for their men-folk and bein' pregnant,they wouldn't need to interfere with man-work and us men chewin' the fat with the divine. The divine is a man, anyhoo; he don't need no wimin talkin' wimin talk to him.

Somebody go get me a rattlesnake to handle whilst I go open another brewski.

Brewski!!?/?

REPENT pilgrim.

By the way - we forgot 'barefoot.' Most of mankind's troubles can be traced directly to the day that we allowed wimmen to get shoes.

yep,

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 3 weeks later...

Injustice has sometimes been done to women who labor just as devotedly as their husbands, and who are recognized by God as being necessary to the work of the ministry. The method of paying men laborers, and not paying their wives who share their labors with them, is a plan not according to the Lord's order, and if carried out in our conferences, is liable to discourage our sisters from qualifying themselves for the work they should engage in. God is a God of justice, and if the ministers receive a salary for their work, their wives who devote themselves just as disinterestedly to the work, should be paid in addition to the wages their husbands receive, even though they may not ask for this. {Ev 492.3}

Seventh-day Adventists are not in any way to belittle woman's work. If a woman puts her housework in the hands of a faithful, prudent helper, and leaves her children in good care, while she engages in the work, the conference should have wisdom to understand the justice of her receiving wages.--Gospel Workers, pp. 452, 453. (1915) {Ev 492.4}

Right.

And:

The sin of this age is disregard of God's express commands. The power of influence in a wrong direction is very great. Eve had all that her wants required. There was nothing lacking to make her happy, but intemperate appetite desired the fruit of the only tree that God had withheld. She had no need of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, but she permitted her appetite and curiosity to control her reason. She was perfectly happy in her Eden home by her husband's side; but, like restless modern Eves, she was flattered that there was a higher sphere than that which God had assigned her. But in attempting to climb higher than her original position, she fell far below it. This will most assuredly be the result with the Eves of the present generation if they neglect to cheerfully take up their daily life duties in accordance with God's plan.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."