ClubAdventist is back!

URGENT!

cricket

Thank you all for your prayers and heartfelt responses! My sister-in-law will be reading some of these notes tonight. I am certain that she will be most appreciative.

Please, hug and kiss your loved ones tonight. Tell them how much they mean to you and how much you truly love them!

Quote:

Christine Wall said:

Please pray that she will find some sort of peace in all of this.

And, please, if you have any wisdom to share, please do. I am in need of godly wisdom at this time. I need your prayers for guidance.

Dearest sister Chrys,

No amount of wisdom seems to be able to staunch the flow of tears elicited by the untimely death of a loved one. That response is probably one of the clearer evidences, that death is still an enemy of the King of glory and His chosen. It is also one of the paradoxes of life, that despite the reality of the finality of death, our Father, Who is Love, still allows us free will, surely revealing how much He values our right to make our own choices.

Taking one's own life use to quench hope in my own heart, that the mercy of God was able to be exercised toward the one who submitted to such an abrupt end. However some time ago my personal conclusion was changed when I was mulling over the experiences of Samson, one I'm sure you're familiar with.

Despite the many failures of one who was so blessed by God,

we know from New Testament word, he will find his home in the heavenly places. In Hebrews 11, before the name of Samson is mentioned, there are about 20 terms of faith mentioned with the names of those who were looking for a better place than this earth has to offer. Then his name comes up with other men of faith.

[:"red"] "And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens." [/]

It is not my call to determine your loved ones eternal destiny. It seems interesting to note that Samson not only took his own life, but God gave him the strength when he needed it, to do what he felt compelled to do.

While the circumstances may be disimilar in Sandy's husband's, it is evident that he reached a place in his thinking where life was intolerable, and he chose the only route that he could see to solve the problem. That was very similar to Samson's experience, IMHO.

No one knows the demons he was faced with, but our Father knew. And the last thoughts that may have crossed his mind might have been for forgiveness in regard to what he was about to do.

[:"red"] "....mercy triumphs over judgment." [/] James 2:13 NASB

May the Lord of all mercies come very close to your heart, as well as those of your loved ones, enabling you to see things our Lord is able to do that unbelievers are not privileged to see.

[:"red"] "Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--" [/] Eph 3:20 AMP

Keep looking up!

Lift Jesus up!!

Thank you so much for these wonderful, inspirational words of wisdom. Even my husband said, "Hmm. I'm gonna have to keep that wisdom in my back pocket (for further reference when needed)."

Again, I say thank you!!!!

Quote:

Christine Wall said:

Again, I say thank you!!!!

You're most welcome, but you know of course, whatever wisdom is of our Father.

Just a small note. If for instance, Tom did voice in his mind the desire to be forgiven, there is a promise yet to be fulfilled.

[:"red"] "....verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." [/]

Matt 17:20 KJV

[:"red"] "No one can take my life from me. I lay down my life voluntarily. " [/] John 10:18 NLT

[:"red"] "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." [/] Luke 23:34 KJV

DOVE.gif

Keep looking up!

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Hi, Chrys

My heartfelt condolences are sent your way, for your family members who now struggle with this loss

May the peace of Jesus fill your hearts and may all your questions and wonderings find rest, as Tom's suffering mind is finally quiet

May Jesus hug his widow and comfort her during this time of sadness

God bless

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.