ClubAdventist is back!

Venezuela Offers real Relief Aid to US

Clio

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050829/wl_...qb95i9zq7EZO7gF

CARACAS (AFP) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez offered to send food and fuel to the United States after the powerful Hurricane Katrina pummeled the US south, ravaging US crude production.

The leftist leader, a frequent critic of the United States and a target himself of US disapproval, said Venezuela could send aid workers with drinking water, food and fuel to US communities hit by the hurricane.

"We place at the disposition of the people of the United States in the event of shortages -- we have drinking water, food, we can provide fuel," Chavez told reporters.

Chavez said fuel could be sent to the United States via a Citgo refinery that has not been affected by the hurricane. Citgo is owned by Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA).

In the Gulf of Mexico, which accounts for a quarter of total US oil output, 92 percent of crude and 83 percent of natural gas production were shut down due to Hurricane Katrina, which slammed Louisiana and Mississippi, according to US government data.

Venezuela is the fourth-largest provider of oil to the United States, supplying some 1.5 million barrels a day.

Last week, Chavez offered discount gasoline to poor Americans suffering from high oil prices and on Sunday offered free eye surgery for Americans without access to health care.

A heart where He alone has first place.

Whether or not this is an altruistic offer, I say that the US should accept their offer of assistance. How many times has the US gone to the aide of other countries battered by catastrophic occurrances......hopefully "we" won't be too proud to accept help from others in this situation. I think that it is a very noble offer.

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

I would defeently take them up on that offer. Like Morning Glory said we have helped other countries plently of times. I think it is great that another contry wants to help durring this time.

.....Love others as well as you love yourself.

Matt 22:39 (The Message Bible)

I think at a time like this, politics gets put aside. The rest of the world really does remember with gratitude, the times when America helped in the past during times of disaster.

There are many of us overseas who have been watching this disaster unfold with concern, and wondering what we can do to help. Is there an international appeal or something like that we can donate to? (American Red Cross, etc).

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

President Chavez offered the US oil at $40/barrel too. But make no mistake about it. This is all about politics and... hang on to your hat now,,,, it is all about OIL!

Of course I have no problem with that. I don't think we need water from Venezuela but oil, gas and food would be great.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity