ClubAdventist is back!

Why is it? (AND this may bite)

Stan

Why is it, and this is my experience, yours may differ, that the people I have met over the years who can explain how to live the wonderful abundant life, including what to eat, how to dress and how to succeed in their christian experience, have not been able to show their friends, famiy and neighbours that they had something worthwhile having?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

Without knowing any of these specific people you are referring to, I would guess that in their explanations they have omitted Jesus. He is the One who promised life more abundantly.

Or, maybe their lives did not show the promised blessings.

Who knows? What do you mean by succeeding?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Why is it, and this is my experience, yours may differ, that the people I have met over the years who can explain how to live the wonderful abundant life, including what to eat, how to dress and how to succeed in their christian experience, have not been able to show their friends, famiy and neighbours that they had something worthwhile having?

Again, without specifics, it may be hard to say.

On the other hand, the thought which comes immediately to mind is the experience I had while in Amway (where this frequently is testified to by the successful distributors). One can have the the best idea for gospel living/living well/making money/insert preference here that could ever be, BUT - those closest to you will NOT come aboard until they see YOU succeed in the issue at hand.

Our friends, family, and neighbors do not see such issues as a journey to band together on, but rather as options they want proof of superiority with before they make a change from what is comfortable in their own lives.

In truth, those who are willing to risk change and do something different, with an eye to the future, are not a plurality in society. We are simply creatures of habit and comfort zones (even as Adventists we are no different than the world in this respect). Then we can add to that the previous experiences of others, which colors they way they see our attempts today. Many may well have tried, but had such adverse consequences as they don't wish a second attempt - and don't see in you the possibility of a different outcome. Others may not have had good mentorship - and don't see you as having what it takes to help them.

Food for thought...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Administrators

How about not having the same excitement and willingness to share as had the woman at the well when she told her village about Jesus?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Sometimes people who know so much and explain so well aren't very good at connecting with people on an individual basis, so instead of glimpsing something that is worthwhile having, one hears a bunch of words.

• Administrators

You can know a lot of biblical information, and you can share a lot of biblical information, but God is not data, God is someone.

there are many truths, but only one that is "The Truth" and that is Jesus.

Jesus perfectly expressed His Father, he was the express image of His Father.

God is Love.

knowing doctrines does not mean you know God, and does not mean you have been changed by the Power of Love.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

....because they know you share something similar characteristics with them but not to your family, friends, and neighbors, whom you are poorly connected to ......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well, I can tell you that I for one, don't like being told how to live a wonderful life, what to eat, how to dress and how to succeed. I know my kids don't like to be told what to do either. It might just be "in the telling" that others choose to go a different path.

• Administrators

Well, I can tell you that I for one, don't like being told how to live a wonderful life, what to eat, how to dress and how to succeed. I know my kids don't like to be told what to do either. It might just be "in the telling" that others choose to go a different path.

I like this, Cricket! I don't like when I have the feeling that someone is trying to "fix" me.

• Administrators

Sometimes people who know so much and explain so well aren't very good at connecting with people on an individual basis, so instead of glimpsing something that is worthwhile having, one hears a bunch of words.

Yep, yep, yep!

There was a certain something that Jesus had in His methods. He would say some words, and the poor and women and children would sit and listen and come to love Him. Successful men would drop all to follow Him.

I find it fascinating! I don't always find listening to people fascinating.

This has been my experience - I know it's not universal; but it works for me.

In general, people won't care what you believe until they are confident that you care what they believe.

People may be interested in what I believe; but they don't care for me telling them what they "should" believe.

People are a lot more receptive to the gospel message when we avoid using "Christian"-speak. When we preface our witness with "Do you love Jesus?" or "let me tell you about the true Sabbath" or "Only Jesus can save you from the fires of hell", it doesn't do a lot for non-believers. Furthermore, it is grace and the kindness of God that draws us to salvation, not the fear of the consequences of various and sundry sins (like going to hell for eating bacon).

It's not my job to present an iron-clad doctrinal proof that the God of the Bible is the only true God - I leave that up to the Holy Spirit. My job is to be a witness; and tell people what God (not religion) has done for me.

I find that leading people to Christ is much more effective than pushing Jesus on them.

Quote:
even as Adventists we are no different than the world in this respect

And this would be, in your estimation, what percentage of Adventists, or do you see any Adventists at all reaching the bar?

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

You can know a lot of biblical information, and you can share a lot of biblical information, but God is not data, God is someone.

there are many truths, but only one that is "The Truth" and that is Jesus.

Jesus perfectly expressed His Father, he was the express image of His Father.

God is Love.

knowing doctrines does not mean you know God, and does not mean you have been changed by the Power of Love.

:like::like:

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

And I happen to be a lot like that also. I use to feel the same way about everyone, even God (Jesus). And then I found that Jesus would only tell me what I would eventually come to find, was what I could truly enjoy and benefit with.

And last, but certainly not least, I found that Jesus would send some of His friends as messengers, to tell me what He wanted me to know. It not only benefited me to give consideration to all of the family of God, but it helped to draw the family together when I was able to swallow my pride for the sake of someone else who truly wanted to help me and who responded favorably when I acknowledged (in a very small way) to them, my appreciation for their help.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!