ClubAdventist is back!

Haves vs. Haven'ts

cricket

From MSN news:

Hyatt guests given priority

At one point Friday, the evacuation was interrupted briefly when school buses rolled up so some 700 guests and employees from the Hyatt Hotel could move to the head of the evacuation line — much to the amazement of those who had been crammed in the stinking Superdome since last Sunday.

“How does this work? They (are) clean, they are dry, they get out ahead of us?” exclaimed Howard Blue, 22, who tried to get in their line. The National Guard blocked him as other guardsmen helped the well-dressed guests with their luggage.

The 700 had been trapped in the hotel, next to the Superdome, but conditions were considerably cleaner, even without running water, than the unsanitary crush inside the dome. The Hyatt was severely damaged by the storm. Every pane of glass on the riverside wall was blown out.

[:"red"]Shame on these people! Shame on anyone who acts in such a way. It's no wonder there is looting, murders, rapes..if people are treated so poorly and so inconsiderately. [/]

There is another side too. I was listening to a man give a phone interview from the French Quarter. Some of the wealthy tourists had hired chartered Greyhound and Trailways buses to come in and get them and when the National Guard saw the buses they confiscated them and took them to the Superdome to use to evacuated people there.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Hmm. That seems wrong to me. These people payed to have someone come in and get them. Nothing wrong with that. Although, it would be nice if the buses would have gone back to get the others once the tourists were evacuated.

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Christine Wall said:

Hmm. That seems wrong to me.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's just not right.

Could they be the same tourist staying in the hotel that were put in ahead of the others waiting to board? Perhaps that explains the circumstances. Just thinking ..........

naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hmm. Well, they could very well be the very same tourists. Thanks for bringing up that thought.

Wow. What a weird world! What a weird set of circumstances we all find ourselves in at times.