ClubAdventist is back!

Columbia Union Conference - votes to be genderless 6-29-12

Woody

"In a special constituency meeting today the Columbia Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church voted overwhelmingly to authorize ordination without regard to gender. The vote was 209 (80%) in favor, 51 opposed, 9 abstained, and 2 blank. The motion reads as follows:

"Motion: That the Columbia Union Conference authorize ordination to the gospel ministry without regard to gender."

Edit: Special Anniversary I guess. From 6-29-12

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Let's keep this moving forward.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

"In a special constituency meeting today the Columbia Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church voted overwhelmingly to authorize ordination without regard to gender. The vote was 209 (80%) in favor, 51 opposed, 9 abstained, and 2 blank. The motion reads as follows:

"Motion: That the Columbia Union Conference authorize ordination to the gospel ministry without regard to gender."

I presume this is the same report found here:

Spectrum Magazine blog. Columbia Union Conference Authorizes Ordination Without Regard to Gender, July 29, 2012, by Robert Jacobson

http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2012/07...r?quicktabs_2=0

Whoops Sorry. I will correct that. Old news. But it is something to recall.

I believe in Hematology.

Praise the Lord we have much to be thankful for. The movement is strong.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Yeah, I thought it was strange that they would have a major constituency meeting on Sabbath... :)

LD

Yeah, I thought it was strange that they would have a major constituency meeting on Sabbath... :)

It may be indicative of the changes ahead.

"The Lord's leading" and "progress". Or "liberation".

I believe the words "Without regard to gender" are anticipating the inclusion of homosexuals in the near future. Canada recognizes 11 genders now. If we distribute ordination to all genders (which is what 'without regard to gender' means) we are obligated to ordain homosexuals.

Any questions...?

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I believe the words "Without regard to gender" are anticipating the inclusion of homosexuals in the near future. Canada recognizes 11 genders now. If we distribute ordination to all genders (which is what 'without regard to gender' means) we are obligated to ordain homosexuals.

Any questions...?

`G

Ya, I have questions!

1. Do you trust the church?

2. We have no homosexual male pastors, are you expecting them to be included also in your 'panic' scenario?

3. How do you leap from acceptance of women into leadership to acceptance of homosexuals into leadership?

• Administrators

Only in the mind of someone obsessed with homosexuality...

So why do you dwell on homosexuality so much?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:

rollingsmile Exactly

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: olger

Matthew 6:13

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Ya, I have questions!

1. Do you trust the church?

2. We have no homosexual male pastors, are you expecting them to be included also in your 'panic' scenario?

3. How do you leap from acceptance of women into leadership to acceptance of homosexuals into leadership?

No. I trust the Word of God and the Lord of Whom it speaks.

I believe that homosexual males will be ordained in the SDA church within the next five years. I say that without panic Sir.

Wait for the article.

blessings !

G

It was predicted that in the end days --- there would be those who don't trust God to lead His church.

I believe in Hematology.

I didn't answer it here yet. That is correct.

I am not. Are you a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist church?

I am,

G

• Members

Canada recognizes 11 genders now.

That many genders would play havoc with the German language.... What are the 11 genders??

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

God true.

Man liar.

See Bible.

Romans three.

Rejoice always,

`G

You are a man.

You discredit yourself.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Edit: Special Anniversary I guess. From 6-29-12

I believe it is a matter of record that the Columbia Union never claimed to be perfect no matter how many ways we may find to insult olger.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Administrators

If anyone was insulting olger (not that anyone was...), who then was olger insulting?

Originally Posted By: Olger
Canada recognizes 11 genders now.

That many genders would play havoc with the German language.... What are the 11 genders??

Clarification - As of August 2012 the Canadian school system recognizes and teaches six genders to students (third grade on up).

They are:

Male

Female

trangendered

transsexual

two-spirited

inter-sexed

There is a much larger body (pardon the pun) of gender identities. They are:

Androgeny, Androgenous, Bigendered, Bi-Dyke, Boi, Boidyke (or Boydyke), Bro-sis, Butch, ButchDyke, Camp, Cross-dresser (CD), Cross-Living, Drag (In Drag), Drag King, Drag Queen, Dyke, FTM or F2M (female to male), Femme, Femme Dyke, Female Bodied, Female Impersonator (FI), Fetishistic Transvestite, Gender Illusionist, Gender Neutral, Gender-Bender, Genderqueer, Genetic Boy, Genetic male/Man (GM), Genetic Female/Woman (GF/GW), Genetic Girl (GG), Grrl, Half-dyke, Heteroflexible, Hir, Intersex, MTF or M->F or M2F (Male to Female), Male Impersonator, Metamorph, Monogendered, Multigendered, Neuter, No-gendered, Non-op, Omnisexual, Pansexual, Pre-operative Transsexual (Pre-op TS), Polygendered, Post-operative Transsexual, Queer, Queerboi, Shape Shifter, Stem (a feminine-identified lesbian), Stud (masculine identified lesbian), Trannyboi, Trannydyke, Trannyfag, Transboi, Transgendered, Transgenderist, Transitioning, Transmale, Transsexual (TS), Transvestite, Transidentified, Trisexual, Two-Spirit, Ze.

My sources:

GSA's Beyond the Binary -- A Tool Kit for Gender Identity Activism in Schools  http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/pdf/beyond_the_binary.pdf

Peeing In Peace -- http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/pdf/PIP%20Resource%20Guide.pdf

Boi or grrl? Pop culture blurs gender lines: From metrosexuals to Ellen, gender-bending goes mainstream, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9556134/

Carnegie Mellon University Women’s Center (Feminism and Women’s Studies): http://feminism.eserver.org/sexual-gender-identity.txt

Hans, T. Aaron, Gender Terminology List, Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League (SMYAL), Washington, DC.

Hirschfeld, Scott, Defining Gender in Straight Jackets: Gender Variance in a Pink or Blue World, GLSEN Education Department Resource, 2000.

Kimball, Linda, A Pink Tufted, Punk Green Android Named Trannyboi, May 12, 2005, www.christian-underground.com.

Rathke, Lisa, University of Vermont adds gender-neutral bathrooms, USA Today, August 26, 2007, http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-08-26-vermont_N.htm

Appreciation to Dr. Michael L. Brown for his contributions to to my research. Further appreciation to my wife for her support during the two months it took to compile this research. It will likely end up in a book, Lord willing.

`G

If anyone was insulting olger (not that anyone was...), who then was olger insulting?

I give ... who?

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.