ClubAdventist is back!

"Off Topic"

Woody

A Question:

Is there a place where a discussion of a topic could be free from 'restrictions' such as 'perceived' off topic rules.

IOWs - a place where freedom of expression might be allowed and not judged?

Specifically - if the only place for a discussion such as Women's ORdination requires that you be submitted to the judgment of a moderator as to whether you are on topic or off topic - can we have a forum where this topic could be freely discussed?

Look - I don't think homosexuality has ANYthing to do with the discussion of Women's Ordination. But in the minds of some - it does and they should be free to express that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

In the private fora...

Other than that, if a forum is under the jurisdiction of a moderator, then no, I think not.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It does get discussed....endlessly! It hasn't been moderated out. Have you ever wanted to discuss a subject and stay on topic rather than flying away into a place far...far away?

Tis an excuse people make, about no freedom, when all they really want is agreement or just to trash others or ........we do have a forum in world affairs for all of that type of talk.

It makes the casual person looking in on the forums or even the mainline SDA think we have obsession with certain topics, like homosexuals, that are not very repesentaive of the SDA church. It is one thing to disagree with the .org but the constant finger pointing and whining about the .org gets overdone.

Maybe we need a seperate forum for the 'less focused' type of posters. Wait, we have that in the Politics one...got it..we need one for the 'Religion' none focused!!!

How about it Stan, Mods? Want to start one of those up???Might not be a bad idea....another free for all..out of the general public view!!

Cool. Thanks Cricket. I had no idea. This is good to know.

I believe in Hematology.

This only appears to be a problem when endlessly discussing those nasty little things that people get upset over - like WO, gays, salvation by grace vs. works, the 2300 days, 1844, day-for-a-year, Jack Sequeria, the Trinity, the infallibility of EGW, the authority of the .org, the divinity of Jesus, Obabma, global warming, Catholics, conservatives, liberals, Jesuits, Freemasons, Woody, MT Cross, Stan's conspiracies, ... ...

Oh - that's just about everything and everybody, isn't it? Maybe a private forum is a good idea!

CoA - For me personally - I like to see people have the freedom to express themselves without all of the moderation as far as On or Off topic. Instead - what you see is one individual interpret what is on or off topic. And that is very subjective and subject to ones biases.

If you feel it is "off topic" - simply state so and debate the merits of your belief.

I believe in Hematology.

Along with going off-topic, it irritates me when people hijack a thread; and when you call them on it, they say to "just let the Holy Spirit take the discussion where He wants to". Since when are they the "Holy Spirit"?

Quote:
Along with going off-topic

I suppose if I were going to be technical - I could find you off topic since the topic is not things that "go along with" it.

Sorry

I believe in Hematology.

O yeah (sniff!)? well, I could find you off-topic for telling me I'm off-topic on the off-topic thread!!

catslapsaywa

So does that mean you're on-topic? i'M CONFUSED (and i can't type)...

LOL JoeMo. I hope you get my point. A great number of posts could be considered off topic if you want to be technical. And in the end - it's in the eye of the beholder.

I believe in Hematology.

O yeah (sniff!)? well, I could find you off-topic for telling me I'm off-topic on the off-topic thread!!

catslapsaywa

So does that mean you're on-topic? i'M CONFUSED (and i can't type)...

Who, or what, are you wanting to type?

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm currently having issues distinguishing between upper-case and lower-case letters. It's episodic capitalization dyslexia. Thank goodness it's only temporary.

I'm currently having issues distinguishing between upper-case and lower-case letters. It's episodic capitalization dyslexia. Thank goodness it's only temporary.
Alexis de Tocqueville

BTW, JoeMo, since this is an off topic thread, have you taken a look at the Heretics thread I started in the Facts of Faith forum?

Alexis de Tocqueville

Yep. Proves my point that it is almost impossible for a thread to NOT go off topic.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Think it will snow?

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Think it will snow?

I hope so right about now.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Yep. Proves my point that it is almost impossible for a thread to NOT go off topic.

What did you expect in a thread titled "Off Topic"? reyes

Alexis de Tocqueville

Originally Posted By: Naomi
Think it will snow?

I hope so right about now.

Three days ago the temperature was in the 60's. Yesterday it was over 100. It's like we went from winter to mid-summer in one huge jump.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

The 100th Tour de France is now underway.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

The 100th Tour de France is now underway.

I thought it was the Tour de Steriods.

Alexis de Tocqueville