ClubAdventist is back!

Where to pay tithe?

Windsor

What organizations outside the local Adventist church accept tithe from Adventist believers? More specifically, organizations that have a good working relationship with the official Adventist church rather than independent ministries who feel it's their job to "call the people of out of Babylon" if you know what I mean.

Remember Adventists Online?

• Moderators

I think any good nonprofit 501©3 organization can accept tax-deductible donations. They don't have to know whether or not the donation is part of our personal tithing program. Of course they would use the funds for their own charitable use; we couldn't expect them to "turn over" the money to the SDA church or anything like that.

IMHO, my tithe is totally separate from any other charitable cash donations I make throughout the year.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

WINDSOR

the Bible says the tithe is for advancing the Bible Truths..

Hmmm... You must have one of those 'new and improved'translations. Mine says to bring the tithes into "the storehouse".... which "I" interpret to be the Seventh-day Adventist Church organization. I guess that there are some Adventists that feel that the money is 'theirs' to control instead of God's to be returned. Nuff Sed

If you want to give to a parallel cause, I suggest 13Th Sabbath Missions, they build schools, provide plumbing, and teach kids to read and write etc. When I used to be SS Super and really pushed for this cause for the whole quarter and we would have huge offerings. We have the smallest church in our area and would have the largest offering. God blessed! Many do not push for it, but I've always felt strongly for that work.

I wasn't intending to give tithe away to cancer research. I was talking about organizations like Adventist Frontier Missions, which is the essence of what tithe should go for in my opinion. However, that particular organization specifically does not take tithe.

Remember Adventists Online?

Quote:
says to bring the tithes into "the storehouse".... which "I" interpret to be the Seventh-day Adventist Church organization.

Believing each doctrine (teaching) of the Word to not only be able to be found in the Adventist (SDA) church, leads me to the same conclusion.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

tithe has always been and always will be for the levitical order,in this case the priesthood of the church.

Yep, maybe they should start using it for that.

• Administrators

If you want to give to a parallel cause, I suggest 13Th Sabbath Missions, they build schools, provide plumbing, and teach kids to read and write etc. When I used to be SS Super and really pushed for this cause for the whole quarter and we would have huge offerings. We have the smallest church in our area and would have the largest offering. God blessed! Many do not push for it, but I've always felt strongly for that work.

thumbsupthumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

What organizations outside the local Adventist church accept tithe from Adventist believers? More specifically, organizations that have a good working relationship with the official Adventist church rather than independent ministries who feel it's their job to "call the people of out of Babylon" if you know what I mean.

There's ADRA and Maranatha, just about every SDA pastor that has a mininistry also accepts donations like Kenneth Cox Ministries just to name one, Quiet Hour Ministires is another good one.

Hope this helps. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Originally Posted By: EmptyTomb
tithe has always been and always will be for the levitical order,in this case the priesthood of the church.

Yep, maybe they should start using it for that.

Can you show where its going? If not to our pastors?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Don't we teach the priesthood of all believers?

@hair...Are you an offshoot? Can you prove it is not going to the pastors?

@Gerry Cabalo...I know some people who think because they give bible studies or have a web page with scripture on it,it entitles them to take donations or even tithe. They all have a paypal account on the page...and most of these people are offshoots who are not part of the SDA church.

There is a shortage of cash i believe in the lake union conference,but i think it is because of unfaithful tithing.

My church is small so maybe that is why we share a pastor with another church.

WINDSOR

the Bible says the tithe is for advancing the Bible Truths

so if a person is giving their tithe to other charitable

organizations then the tithe is not going to what the Bible

says in needs to go for...

if you choose to give to charitable organization that is up to you

but tithe should go to the S.D.A Church

dgrimm60

That is why the bible mentions tithes AND offerings.

Tithe always goes to the church and offerings go to whomever you choose

Since when are 'whomever you choose' God? The Bible says, "Ye have robbed "ME" in tithes "and offerings"..... It doesn't say that you have robbed the Quiet Hour of offerings. Before you start throwing stones I have to mention that I do send portions of 'offerings' to specific entities within the denominational structure. Nuff Sed

Since when are 'whomever you choose' God? The Bible says, "Ye have robbed "ME" in tithes "and offerings"..... It doesn't say that you have robbed the Quiet Hour of offerings. Before you start throwing stones I have to mention that I do send portions of 'offerings' to specific entities within the denominational structure. Nuff Sed

@ nuff sed:

How about an sda ministry of your choice for your offerings.

does this appeal to your sensibilities?

offerings can be to whom ever you choose meaning however the spirit leads.

I think you threw the first stone by blowing out of proportion my quote. I can,t believe how some people bite your head off over nothing.

peace

No, I am not an offshoot. However, I have never been fully convicted of the SDA's interpretation that the conference is the sole storehouse of God. Having said that, I don't want to mislead you, I do support them financially every week.

Originally Posted By: EmptyTomb

No, I am not an offshoot. However, I have never been fully convicted of the SDA's interpretation that the conference is the sole storehouse of God. Having said that, I don't want to mislead you, I do support them financially every week.

Fair enough. I believe tithe is for gospel work,as far as the store house,i have not found a better one than supporting my local church.

ET

ADRA should not receive one nickel of tithe. It is not in the business of evangelism nor "directly" preaching the gospel. It is a humanitarium organization of the church. It receives funding from US and National government sources. It does an excellent job. BUT.... it has a multitude of problems trying to work under the umbrella of local church organizations overseas whose administrators think that Adventists should be the first ones in line to receive funds for building churches etc. When I was one of those administrators many years ago I kept my hands off my local mission ADRA Director and tried to support him in any way that I could instead of the other way around. It must have 'worked'... We are still friends! <gg> Nuff Sed

ADRA should not receive one nickel of tithe. It is not in the business of evangelism nor "directly" preaching the gospel. It is a humanitarium organization of the church. It receives funding from US and National government sources. It does an excellent job.

I agree Nuff sed,,but you can still send offerings to support their mission,which is what i do.

ET

• Members

I second that welcome by Gregory, to you, Green Cochoa.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thankyou for that quote Green Cochoa.

Dr.David Derose and Dr. Neal Nedley of Weimar

are fine examples of a physician having the

qualifications of pastoring people also.

The right arm of the gospel is the health message

as Ellyn White states in her writings

ET