ClubAdventist is back!

Bonding

Gail

Mmmmmm, bonding, huh? I have been thinking about this question this week, and this is what I have come up with: (since Clio kinda challenged me to add my 2 cents worth!! Hee, Hee) grin.gif

I like a lot of what has already been said. I do think that there is chemistry involved, and also pheramones. ooo.gif Altho I am not that well versed in exactly how they work I have a feeling that there may be non-sexual type pheramones, too.

I also think that shared need, experience, and goals plays into bonding of people together. Styles of humor, ways of speaking figure into it, too. Face it,some people speak your "language" and others don't. frown.gif

Reading different posts on CA in general, there are folks that I would love to meet and get to know, laugh.gif others who don't interest me all that much, ooo.gif and some who I just know that I would do anything to avoid if I encountered them. crazy.gif(no one who has posted in this thread strike me as in my last 2 catagories, BTW)

I agree with Clio in that bonding can be nurtured and encouraged, that bonding can be interupted by events that have occurred to one that damage the ability to bond, and that one can work to repair bonding abilities given the right person to work with in this area.

Not sure that I added much to this discussion.....very interesting. Esp all the glue comments...... grin.gif

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.