ClubAdventist is back!

What Katrina Tells Us about the End

there buster

Hello Robert, u took this quote out to mention....

' to appease an angry God '

when the earth is in chaos-to the unbelievers, God is an angry mean God!

When the earth is in chaos-to the Believers, God is LOVE to the Core and is in the process of taking care of the cancer of sin FOR His universe and All His children. And will have the Priveledge to share that GOD with anyone who will listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when I see the fussing with each other my eyes glaze over and I dont know or forget where people stand. Sometimes I forget who is right and who is wrong.

Sometimes I forget who is liberal and who is conservative.

So I dont know anymore.

So basically my posts are my thoughts. its not directed at anyone. its fun to banter and fun to match wits and even fun to challenge. but the fussing? not as fun.

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• there buster

• LifeHiscost

• Parade Orange

Quote:

Gay4JESUS said:

but the fussing? not as fun.

And sometimes we as brothers and sisters in Christ don't seem to understand that we're not suppose to be in competition with each other, but with each revelation of personal testimony that proves to bring an individual in closer harmony with our Father's revealed will, we each have reason to rejoice. OTOH if we see personal testimony that causes us concern about another's confidence in his/her eternal salvation, we would be remiss in not bringing to bear our own confidence in the promises of the Word.

The guilty conscience is not produced by a sense of condemnation when one earnestly desires to do the Father's will, as the Word reveals it. The sense of condemnation comes when one is unwilling to heed the conviction of the Holy Spirit by a desire to change for the sake of universal harmony.

[:"red"] "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God..." [/] John 7:17 KJV

[:"red"] "For godly grief and the pain God is permitted to direct, produce a repentance that leads and contributes to salvation and deliverance from evil, and it never brings regret; but worldly grief (the hopeless sorrow that is characteristic of the pagan world) is deadly [breeding and ending in death]. " [/] 2 Corinthians 7:10 AMP parentesis, brackets theirs

[:"red"] "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." [/] 2 Peter 3:9 NASB

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

To whom ever is redoing my posts,,,,,My appologies if anyone is offended by this but let me go on to the record...It tain't me that doing it.

Dear whomever,

Thank you for re-editing my post and returning it to it's origional form. I know that you did not change it's content, but merely "bolded" some lettering. While I thought it was cute, I did feel that my permission to do that was necessary. Because you chang ed it back, I thank you...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

LifeHisCoast,

?

i didnt witness what your talking about.

I was talking about the FUSSING!

you know.......... fussing.

Not sharing, not debating, not reproofing,not challenging,

not debating, not even rebuking, just the fussing!

the kind that makes your eyes glaze over personal attacks,insults, and nitpicking.

take a short look at sin and a long long Look at JESUS-

jack blanco

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

when I was little I watched the charlie brown holiday specials and the peanut gang was always heard clearly.

the grownups were a 'whawhawhawha'(a cute and curt droning sound).

the fussing is likened to that after awhile. 8:O)

you dont agree with that?

to each its own I guess

God bless

BTW

'fussing' is a nice word for it. I shant say the real word for it!

LifeHisCoast,

I love your name.

amen.

I dont think we have ever spoken to each other here on this format.

Nice to meet you.

Maybe as time goes on we will share more with each other.

We dont know each other now, but with time.....

i cant beleive I spelled your name wrong!

a thousand pardons!

I gotta proofread this thang apparently, I type like a chicken.

esp. after saying amen to your wonderful name 8:O)

Quote:

Gay4JESUS said:

LifeHisCost,

I love your name.

amen.

I dont think we have ever spoken to each other here on this format.

Nice to meet you.

Maybe as time goes on we will share more with each other.

We dont know each other now, but with time.....

Thank you for the acknowledgement, Gay4Jesus. You'll notice I edited the spelling in this post. That's because I wish to send a message with each post, to remove myself from the mistaken opinion of some that I in any way deserve the gift of life. In a way, I'm on the other end of the spectrum from you, at least as I perceive it. Raised in some very high, morally correct guidance, but guidance seemingly more from religious inclination rather than for the love of Jesus. That may not be exactly true, for some people love Jesus but have never found out how to pass that love to others, and there's where the rub comes in. Love cannot thrive on its' own. It necessarily must share or it dies alone.

Keep looking up.

[:"red"] "...here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken...earlier. May they give you the confidence to fight well in the Lord's battles." [/]

1 Timothy 1:18 NLT

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

Ed Dickerson said:

I prefer these sources:

Quote:

Of Job, the patriarch of Uz, the testimony of the Searcher of hearts was, "There is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil." Education, p. 155

Since this post hasn't had in activity recently, I thought I should take it in another direction - namely, "The Book of Job"!

As to your reply - EGW is simply quoting the Bible....However she isn't shedding any light on that quote. The only thing I can find is, "The history of Job had shown that suffering is inflicted by Satan, and is overruled by God for purposes of mercy." But she fails to tell the reader what that merciful purpose was in Job's case.

Now I, like EGW, can also quote the Bible:

• Of John, the Revelator, the testimony of his words is clear: "And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.” [Rev 14:11]

But that's not saying much...is it? It just looks like I am stating facts....But we can't read the Bible like that. We need an open mind - free of any preconceived ideas. The Spirit of God must lead us because the Bible can't be understood through our human intellect.

Having opened my mind to the Spirit, I've conclude that God's statement of Job is not so much how God perceived this ancient man, but rather His statement was one of how Job viewed himself!

Maybe I'm deceived on this matter, maybe not?

Jamieson, Faussett, and Brown Commentary:

• JOB A REAL PERSON.--It has been supposed by some that the book of Job is an allegory, not a real narrative, on account of the artificial character of many of its statements. Thus the sacred numbers, three and seven, often occur. He had seven thousand sheep, seven sons, both before and after his trials; his three friends sit down with him seven days and seven nights; both before and after his trials he had three daughters. So also the number and form of the speeches of the several speakers seem to be artificial. The name of Job, too, is derived from an Arabic word signifying repentance.

But Eze 14:14 (compare Eze 14:16,20) speaks of "Job" in conjunction with "Noah and Daniel," real persons. St. James (Jas 5:11) also refers to Job as an example of "patience," which he would not have been likely to do had Job been only a fictitious person. Also the names of persons and places are specified with a particularity not to be looked for in an allegory.

The book of Job is written in Hebrew in the style of a poetic drama, or stage play. The first two chapters, which constitute the introduction, are in prose. Beginning with the third chapter and continuing on through 42:6 the form is poetical. From 42:7 to the end of the book it is again prose, providing as an epilogue a few facts concerning Job's later life. What is so powerfully set forth in this book is not the unfolding of a drama full of action, event, or happening. Instead it is a poem in which several great issues that relate to the righteousness of God and the mystery of life are explored by means of conversations between Job and his friends. There is no "movement," except in the intensity of the feeling and thought expressed, until the poem comes to a crescendo with the voice of Yahweh speaking from a whirlwind.

• Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

Doesn't sound like a typical conversation between two people (in this case beings). Note the questions:

1] Where did you come from?

2] BTW, did you notice blameless Job?

• 9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Clearly God didn't "stretch" out His hand against Job. God withdrew His protection and Satan came in with both barrels blasting....

The question is why did God remove His protection...surely not just to prove Himself right and Satan wrong? That doesn't add up with the God I know. Something forced God to remove Himself!

Why does God remove himself?

FORMULA

A] God is rejected [i.e., unbelief = sin]

B] God withdraws

C] Results in Trouble

D] Equals His wrath

• "My anger (D) shall be aroused against them in that day, and I will forsake them (B), and I will hide My face (B) from them, and they shall be devoured ©. And many evils and troubles shall befall them ©, so that they will say in that day, 'Have not these evils come upon us © because our God is not among us?'(B) And I will surely hide My face (B) in that day because of all the [evil] which they have done (A), in that [they have turned to other gods] (A)" (Deuteronomy 31:17, 18).

Quote:

The question is why did God remove His protection...surely not just to prove Himself right and Satan wrong? That doesn't add up with the God I know. Something forced God to remove Himself!

Three new characters enter the story, the so-called friends of Job – Eliphaz, Bidad, and Zophar.

The arguments of these “comforters” are typical of the Eastern mentality regarding human suffering.

All through the book, they are arguing that Job’s intense sufferings come from God for some secret sin in his life. “You wouldn’t be in the condition, Job, if there wasn’t something wrong in your spiritual life. God wouldn’t be punishing you like this otherwise.”

Does God punish us like that? Does He cause us to suffer physically for our sins? No. We need to remember that the arguments of Job’s friends are based oh human reasoning, not biblical truth. That is why God rebukes them in the end. They were misrepresenting His character.

But the important element in this story is Job’s reaction to all this. He doesn’t reject their reasoning regarding punishment for sin, [:"red"]but instead he defends his righteousness.[:"black"] That is why Job is so puzzled. Like his friends, he, too, believes that the wicked will suffer and the righteous prospers in this life. Yet he is suffering in spite of being righteous! That is what Job cannot understand.

You must remember Job was very wealthy and traditionally speaking a rich man was a good man blessed of God for his obedience. That is why Job defends his righteousness so passionately. Was there some secrete sin in Job’s life that was the cause of his suffering? No. But did Job have a problem? Yes.

Job continues to insist on his own righteousness and to defend himself against the accusations of his friends. They keep saying, “Job, you must have some secret sin in your life; look how you’re suffering.”

And Job argues back, “No, I have not sinned. I have kept God’s commandments; I have held to my integrity.” Does this sound like a man who has been justified by faith? Or does it sound like a man who is confident of his own righteousness, who is self-righteous?

By chapter 31, Job is strongly defending his own righteousness. He calls upon God to judge him. ”Let me be weighed in a just balance, that God may know my integrity.” (Verse 9, NKJV). He goes onto list the good works he has habitually done – fed the hungry, clothed the naked, cared for orphans and widows, and opened his home to the homeless. This chapter is Job's final argument against the accusations of his three friends. “So these three men ceased answering Job, [:"orange"]because he was righteous in his own eyes”[:"black"] (Job 32:1, NKJV).

This was Job’s problem – he was righteous in his own eyes. He was sincere; he was honest. But he had a problem he didn’t recognize. The book of Job is a historical account of God’s first lesson on righteousness by faith. Let’s see how this is so.

After Job’s three friends quite arguing with him, a fourth man steps in – Elihu.

He asks Job, ”Do you think this is right? Do you say, My righteousness is more than God’s?” (Job 35:2, NKJV)

Elihu has put his finger on an important point. He isn’t trying to convince Job that his problem is some secret sin, as did the other three friends. He is trying to convince Job that his problem is self-righteousness. And he continues this argument until chapter 38, when God steps in at last to settle the matter.

If you read from chapter 38 to the end of the book, you’ll find that God rebukes Job’s three friends for their mistaken theology. The fact that you are suffering is proof of sin in your life because God punishes those who do bad things.”….

But God also rebukes Job:

“Who is this who darkens counsel by words ("I am blameless") without knowledge? Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me.” (Job 38:2,3, NKJV). God rebukes Job for his self-righteous attitude.

And notice that Job repents:

”Then Job answered the Lord and said: [:"red"]Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth.”[:"black"] (Job 40:3,4, NKJV)

God’s words silenced Job’s pretensions to righteousness. Job’s problem was self-righteousness. His attitude was that of the rich young ruler who came to Jesus saying, “All these things have I kept form my youth up” (Matt 19:20). Job was so focused all the good things he did and the lack of sinful things in his life the he couldn’t recognize the source of his righteousness was self rather than God. But when he came face to face with God, he admitted, “I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know….Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:3,6, NKJV)

Quote:

Having opened my mind to the Spirit, I've conclude that God's statement of Job is not so much how God perceived this ancient man, but rather His statement was one of how Job viewed himself!

YOu may or may not have opened your mind to eh Spirit, but your conclusion turns the text on its head.

You've trotted out this stuff before. It's still wrong.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

You've trotted out this stuff before. It's still wrong.

Yes..I have "trotted out this stuff before" and I haven't been convinced I am wrong. Telling me I am wrong means nothing, proving me wrong is another thing....I will bow the knee IF using TRUTH you prove me wrong.

Waiting,

Rob

Why did Job repent?

Well, what was Job's claim?

• Answer: Job 31:5 "let God weigh me in honest scales and he will know that I am blameless...."

BTW, that was Saul the Pharisee's claim before becoming Saul the great champion of righteousness by faith:

• "As to righteousness under the law blameless." [Phil 3:6]

So Job claimed to be "blameless"! As I stated, "Elihu" pin points Job's sin....He justifies himself....That is the sin of self-righteousness!

When God approached Job what did he say to God..."God, I am blameless"? No! Let's read that again:

• Job 40:4 “Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth….

Note Job has ceased from bragging of his righteousness! Then he repents:

• Job 42:6 “Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

Quote:

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Robert, This is God speaking, not Job.

Quote:

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Once agian, God speaking, not Job.

Quote:

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold. 12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

God's doing, not Job's. God made sure that Job was twice as wealthy as before.

God made Job a very wealthy man, and God said that Job was perfect man who had integrity.

Quote Robert:

=====================================================================

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three new characters enter the story, the so-called friends of Job – Eliphaz, Bidad, and Zophar.

The arguments of these “comforters” are typical of the Eastern mentality regarding human suffering.

All through the book, they are arguing that Job’s intense sufferings come from God for some secret sin in his life. “You wouldn’t be in the condition, Job, if there wasn’t something wrong in your spiritual life. God wouldn’t be punishing you like this otherwise.”

Does God punish us like that? Does He cause us to suffer physically for our sins? No. We need to remember that the arguments of Job’s friends are based oh human reasoning, not biblical truth. That is why God rebukes them in the end. They were misrepresenting His character.

But the important element in this story is Job’s reaction to all this. He doesn’t reject their reasoning regarding punishment for sin, but instead he defends his righteousness. That is why Job is so puzzled. Like his friends, he, too, believes that the wicked will suffer and the righteous prospers in this life. Yet he is suffering in spite of being righteous! That is what Job cannot understand.

You must remember Job was very wealthy and traditionally speaking a rich man was a good man blessed of God for his obedience. That is why Job defends his righteousness so passionately. Was there some secrete sin in Job’s life that was the cause of his suffering? No. But did Job have a problem? Yes.

Job continues to insist on his own righteousness and to defend himself against the accusations of his friends. They keep saying, “Job, you must have some secret sin in your life; look how you’re suffering.”

And Job argues back, “No, I have not sinned. I have kept God’s commandments; I have held to my integrity.” Does this sound like a man who has been justified by faith? Or does it sound like a man who is confident of his own righteousness, who is self-righteous?

By chapter 31, Job is strongly defending his own righteousness. He calls upon God to judge him. ”Let me be weighed in a just balance, that God may know my integrity.” (Verse 9, NKJV). He goes onto list the good works he has habitually done – fed the hungry, clothed the naked, cared for orphans and widows, and opened his home to the homeless. This chapter is Job's final argument against the accusations of his three friends. “So these three men ceased answering Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes” (Job 32:1, NKJV).

This was Job’s problem – he was righteous in his own eyes. He was sincere; he was honest. But he had a problem he didn’t recognize. The book of Job is a historical account of God’s first lesson on righteousness by faith. Let’s see how this is so.

After Job’s three friends quite arguing with him, a fourth man steps in – Elihu.

He asks Job, ”Do you think this is right? Do you say, My righteousness is more than God’s?” (Job 35:2, NKJV)

Elihu has put his finger on an important point. He isn’t trying to convince Job that his problem is some secret sin, as did the other three friends. He is trying to convince Job that his problem is self-righteousness. And he continues this argument until chapter 38, when God steps in at last to settle the matter.

If you read from chapter 38 to the end of the book, you’ll find that God rebukes Job’s three friends for their mistaken theology. The fact that you are suffering is proof of sin in your life because God punishes those who do bad things.”….

But God also rebukes Job:

“Who is this who darkens counsel by words ("I am blameless") without knowledge? Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me.” (Job 38:2,3, NKJV). God rebukes Job for his self-righteous attitude.

And notice that Job repents:

”Then Job answered the Lord and said: Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth.” (Job 40:3,4, NKJV)

God’s words silenced Job’s pretensions to righteousness. Job’s problem was self-righteousness. His attitude was that of the rich young ruler who came to Jesus saying, “All these things have I kept form my youth up” (Matt 19:20). Job was so focused all the good things he did and the lack of sinful things in his life the he couldn’t recognize the source of his righteousness was self rather than God. But when he came face to face with God, he admitted, “I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know….Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:3,6, NKJV)

=================================================================

This is Excellent, I like your presentation, Robert.

Yongttay

Quote:

Friend said:

Quote:

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Robert, This is God speaking, not Job.

Let see what I said:

• I've conclude that God's statement of Job is not so much how God perceived this ancient man, but rather His statement was one of how Job viewed himself!

In other words God was stating to Satan Job's view of Himself. He was merely reciting Job’s position.

Quote:

I will bow the knee IF using TRUTH you prove me wrong.

Well, I doubt you can see the truth. That doubt is based upon the direct evidence that your read a text that says:

Quote:

And somehow you come to the conclusion that those words DO NOT reflect God's thinking, but that God--without telling us--is merely relaying Job's personal opinion of himself.

Somehow you think that makes sense.

Now, the text nowhere indicates that "this is really Job's opinion of himself," it's just your conclusion drawn out of thin air.

Let's take your "God said something about X, so it REALLY reflects X's thinking about himself," and apply it to other texts.

How about

Exodus 3:5“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.

Using Robert's rule, we get:

“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing [:"red"]thinks it is[/] holy ground.”

Or this:

Numbers 22:12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.”

Numbers 22:12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they [:"red"]think they[/] are blessed.”

Or again:

Exodus 3:7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.

Exodus 3:7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and [:"red"]they think[/] I am concerned about their suffering.

Here's a good one:

Hosea 1:2 the LORD said to him, “Go, take to yourself an adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the LORD.”

Hosea 1:2 the LORD said to him, “Go, take to yourself an adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because [:"red"]they think[/] the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the LORD.”

Your procedure makes a hash of the Bible. That's why it's wrong. You don't realize it, but you've taken the authority of the Bible onto yourself.

It nowhere says, "this is Job's opinion of himself," but that's what it means. How do we know that? Because you say so.

Sorry. It's wrong.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

yongttay said:

This is Excellent, I like your presentation, Robert.

Yongttay

Thank you....

I didn't come up with this out of the blue. My first introduction to this idea was after reading Jack Sequeira's book, "Laodicea"! In fact some of what I posted are Jack's words modified or paraphrased.

We need to think outside the box of traditional interpretation as long as it agrees with the context of Bible. In fact I like what EGW states on this very idea:

• We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed. As long as we hold to our own ideas and opinions with determined persistency, we cannot have the unity for which Christ prayed.

“Whenever the people of God are growing in grace, they will be constantly obtaining a clearer understanding of His word. They will discern new light and beauty in its sacred truths. This has been true in the history of the church in all ages, and thus it will continue to the end. But as real spiritual life declines, it has ever been the tendency to cease to advance in the knowledge of the truth. Men rest satisfied with the light already received from God's word, and discourage any further investigation of the Scriptures. [:"red"]They become conservative, and seek to avoid discussion.[:"black"]

The fact that there is no controversy or agitation among God’s people, should not be regarded as conclusive evidence that they are holding fast to sound doctrine. There is reason to fear that they may not be clearly discriminating between truth and error. When no new questions are started by investigation of the Scriptures, when no difference of opinion arises which will set men to searching the Bible for themselves, to make sure that they have the truth, there will be many now, as in ancient times, who will hold to tradition, and worship they know not what.[CW, 37/38]

Quote:

Ed Dickerson said:
Now, the text nowhere indicates that "this is really Job's opinion of himself," it's just your conclusion drawn out of thin air.

Let's, through the Spirit, reason this out:

A] Yes, God states to Satan that Job is blameless.

B] Satan replies: "Does Job fear God for nothing [selflessly]?" Satan says that if God removes His blessings Job will curse Him.

C] God removes His protection of Job and His family. Later we find out why.

D] A fourth man, Elihu, asks Job, ”Do you think this is right? Do you say, My righteousness is more than God’s?”

E] Then God steps in: “Who is this who darkens counsel by words (as in stating "I am blameless") without knowledge?

F] Blameless Job repents: ”Then Job answered the Lord and said: [:"red"]Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth.”[:"black"]“I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know....Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

G] God's blessings return and Job regains his wealth.

Okay....Think! God calls Job blameless, right? But we find out that Job was only blameless in his own eyes and not in God's! Job's self-righteousness is exposed.

Therefore the only conclusion I can make is what I already stated, namely that God is speaking for Job.

Is there another possibility...maybe? You tell me, but it must be in the context of what is true in the book of Job.

Quote:

Let's take your "God said something about X, so it REALLY reflects X's thinking about himself," and apply it to other texts.

You can't apply it to other Scriptures wholesale....The reason it is legal here is because of the facts listed above!

Robert, there is absolutely nothing in Job 1:8 or its context that even suggests that God might be quoting Job or saying that this is how Job feels about himself. Nothing. Are you suggesting that God is not telling the truth to Satan? Humans lie and misrepresent. God does not. Job called himself vile, but God didn't. God specifically called Job perfect. As I see it, you seem to be giving Job's word more credibility than God's.