ClubAdventist is back!

Review on computer protection- What is good, better & best

Neil D

Yeah, I am fustrated with my Panda security software. Can't seem to get much in tech suppport and my computer is now

s l o w.

So, what's out there, and what's good and what's cheap and good?

I have tried semantic, and am not very impressed.

I have tired Panda, and while good at first, I suspect it "leaked" and the computer has spyware on it, ie finding out where I go, and reporting to advertisers and sending me religous advertisments, dating services ect.

What's a body to do??? without it costing an arm and a leg?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Here's a couple of things to try:

1) Install and run Lavasoft's product, Ad-Aware. You'll be surprised at how much it will clean, and how much faster your computer will run.

2) Go to Trend Micro's web site and run their free virus checker. It's about the best there is.

3) Buy Trend micro's PC-Cillin virus protection software. It runs about US$49 and is worth every penny. It just plain works, it doesn't slow down your system as does Norton, and you never hear from them to buy yet more stuff like McAfee.

FWIW,

__Birm