ClubAdventist is back!

Why is it__________

LifeHiscost

_____________that in the eye of many, if not most, the older one gets the less valid their "wisdom" unless they've managed to accumulate a lot of money. thinking Do you suppose we've found another god in which to bow down. Or maybe it's one of the same old gods.

What was that I use to say, "The more things change, the more they stay the same".

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Our society doesn't value our elderly as it should, IMHO.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Funny how people will listen to knowledge (how to read, write, and spell, etc) but they don't care much for wisdom.

As you grow old and learn all of this "wisdom" in life, you think, "Oh, this is great, now I can teach my children these things, and they will not have to learn the hard way as I did."

Well, they could care less what you know, so you have to sit and watch them suffer through life until they too become wiser the hard way, and then THEY think, "Oh, this is great, now I can teach my children these things, and they will not have to learn the hard way as I did."... and the problem goes on and on as very few people care to listen to wisdom.

That's one of the many things I've learned so far.

I know of three much older people who I have listened to on certain issues of life, and their wisdom has changed my whole life around in a good way.

On a side note - lots of old rich people are wise too. If I want to know how to manage money, I'm not going to ask a poor person :)

• Members

Old folks are a treasure trove of wonderful stories!!! All you have to do is ask about their lives as kids...

And they've lived long enough that they don't care what people think of them anymore, so they just come right out and say what they think. Gotta love 'em!!!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

They've also gone through some hard times, some of them. Our elderly may have fought in WW2 or gone through the Great Depression. Some of them may have been divorced in the 40s or 50s, or been gay or had children die before them. The fact that they have lived through something like that and survived might mean that they have done lots of grieving or thinking about big things.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Our society doesn't value our elderly as it should, IMHO.

Well, they better learn to value them ... many of us are closing in on the "elderly" category

angelnot

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Old folks are a treasure trove of wonderful stories!!! All you have to do is ask about their lives as kids...

Amen! That is EXACTLY what I love to do too Rudywoof. We have a few near centurions at our church, and I always corner them at potluck and ask how it was living without the things we have today and cars and horses and buggies and telephones and what did they do before refrigerators and what was it like to live through this and that etc. I LOVE that stuff!.. and you'll notice that they love to tell.