ClubAdventist is back!

CNN report: Katrina refugee gunned down in Tennessee

aldona

Read the story here

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

His mother said she learned of her son's death when a Chattanooga detective called her cell phone while she was stuck in traffic.

"I said I was his mother and I asked, 'What did he do?' He said, 'He didn't do anything. We found him shot in the head.'

"I accepted it, but it wasn't easy to hear that over the phone," she said.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Is that the usual way that relatives are notified of the death of their loved ones?

I know there must be a lot of confusion with cleanup from one hurricane and preparations for another, but surely there must be a better way than to tell someone over the cell phone while they are in their car...

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

There usually is, but the Chattanooga police department is not noted for always doing the right thing. My daughter got sideswiped by a Chattanooga officer on call when she was in a left-turn lane and stopped. She was then charged with "hitting" the police officer's car. The local judge scolded the officer but then made sure my daughter had some sort of fine to make the officer "feel better".

Except for Florida and Louisana evacuees coming this way, there is no special emergency in East Tennessee that I am aware of (I am writing this 50 miles north of Chattanooga). My daughter in Chattanooga tells me rumors are that some evacuees may be suspected gang members transporting their special brand of warfare to this Tennessee area.

James Brenneman

• Moderators

Giving the evacuees $2000 debit cards was not a wise move.

This poor man didn't know how to handle the money and was killed in a robbery.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Aldona, Police usually notify next of kin in person. Can't imagine why they did that. Rude.

James423, I've read that in some areas the thugs from New Orleans are afflicting the locals. So far we have been fortunate. To my knowledge, the families and people who have moved into this area have been very nice folks. They have been fitting into the local churches and communities quite smoothly.

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

james423 said:

Except for Florida and Louisana evacuees coming this way, there is no special emergency in East Tennessee that I am aware of (I am writing this 50 miles north of Chattanooga). My daughter in Chattanooga tells me rumors are that some evacuees may be suspected gang members transporting their special brand of warfare to this Tennessee area.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Now that New Orleans has been declared effectively out of drugs, it stands to reason that it would now be 'low on thugs.'

Would it be a realistic statement to say that if the gangs and thugs who have now left New Orleans, would appear in other areas? Tenn is not the only place that rumors (some seeimgly well founded) abound concerning the gang members who are praticing/transporting their special brand of warfare.

Is it fair to say that the world's population in general, are for the most part good people? However, you "can't tell a book by it's cover."

Policemen are usually good, honest dedicated people, but they are human. Same with preachers, teachers, etc.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God