ClubAdventist is back!

Where were you 50 years ago today?

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

As with many historic events within out lifetimes, it is interesting to look back and remember where we were.

Today marks the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's historic "I Have a Dream" speech. Where were you on that day?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

In the summer of '63 I was probably playing baseball or getting into some kind of trouble.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

As a 7 year old country boy living on a farm in the north woods of Pennsylvania, I was quite oblivious to the monumental events shaping this country at the time. We had no TV and didn't listen to the radio much. A weekly county newspaper wasn't of much interest either.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators
I had just been discharged from the US Navy and enrolled for summer school at what was then Southern Missionary College, totally oblivious to the historic events in the life of one who has turned out to be a real great American.

• Members

50 years ago today I was back in Indiana visiting my cousins...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Taking the only summer vacation our family ever took. We pulled a 16' camp trailer with a '57 Chevy stationwagon from the PNW to Michigan and spent a couple of months there with relatives. On the way we spent a week at Payette Lake(McCall, Id). That was before that area was commercialized and we were able to pull our trailer right down to the shore. That place was soooo beautiful.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville