ClubAdventist is back!

Quotes

phkrause

• Members
 05-500x500.jpg

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
13 hours ago, aka said:

Screenshot_3.png

Reminds me of a few threads here!! :catslap:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

12 hours ago, phkrause said:

Reminds me of a few threads here!! :catslap:

LOL! Yeah, we veterans do have a memory bank full with those quarrel threads we read and weeped over. Personally, I don't know of any such topic threads in the present set of topics. Do you? But then again I don't look into much of the active topics so might be missing something.

7 hours ago, aka said:

I don't know of any such topic threads in the present set of topics. Do you?

There are many threads out these where people debate passionately, but just about everyone "plays nice".  They debate issues rather than insult each other.  Consistent "bad players" are consistently kicked off of the island after a couple warnings.

• Members
 LifeIs10PercentWhatYouMakeIt.png

phkrause

• Members

“When we look into our own hearts and begin to discover what is confused and what is brilliant, what is bitter and what is sweet, it isn't just ourselves that we're discovering. We're discovering the universe.”

- Pema Chodron

phkrause

• Members

“[W]ith light and joy pouring out of Heaven like water through a broken dam, [the angels] began to shout and sing the message that baby Jesus had been born. The world had a Savior! The angels called it "Good News," and it was. ”

- Larry Libby

phkrause

• Members
 HillelSaysDoNotCondemn.png

phkrause

• Members

“A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails”

- Pioneer Girls Leaders' Handbook

phkrause

• Members
 IgnoranceIsSwiftlyContagious.png

phkrause

• Members
 06-500x500.jpg

phkrause

• Members

“When it is a question of God's almighty Spirit, never say, "I can't." ”

- Oswald Chambers

phkrause

• Members
 07-500x500.jpg

phkrause

• Members

“Your faith has saved you; go in peace. ”

- Luke 7:50 (Revised Standard Version)

phkrause

• Members
 08-500x500.jpg

phkrause

• Members

“The sea enters the rivers before the rivers can run into the sea. In like manner, God comes to us before we go to Him; and heaven enters into our souls before we can enter into heaven. ”

- Peter Drelincourt

phkrause

• Members

“Are you humbly grateful? Or grumbly hateful?”

- Pastor Roland Smith

phkrause

• Members
 09-500x500.jpg

phkrause

• Members

O LORD, rebuke me not in thy anger, nor chasten me in thy wrath! For thy arrows have sunk into me, and thy hand has come down on me. There is no soundness in my flesh because of thy indignation; there is no health in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities have gone over my head; they weigh like a burden too heavy for me. My wounds grow foul and fester because of my foolishness, I am utterly bowed down and prostrate; all the day I go about mourning. For my loins are filled with burning, and there is no soundness in my flesh. I am utterly spent and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart. Lord, all my longing is known to thee, my sighing is not hidden from thee. My heart throbs, my strength fails me; and the light of my eyes -- it also has gone from me. My friends and companions stand aloof from my plague, and my kinsmen stand afar off. Those who seek my life lay their snares, those who seek my hurt speak of ruin, and meditate treachery all the day long. But I am like a deaf man, I do not hear, like a dumb man who does not open his mouth. Yea, I am like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes. But for thee, O LORD, do I wait; it is thou, O LORD my God, who wilt answer. For I pray, "Only let them not rejoice over me, who boast against me when my foot slips!" For I am ready to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity, I am sorry for my sin. Those who are my foes without cause are mighty, and many are those who hate me wrongfully. Those who render me evil for good are my adversaries because I follow after good. Do not forsake me, O LORD! O my God, be not far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!

- Psalm 38

phkrause

• Members
 18-500x500.jpg

phkrause

• Members

“It is not repentance that saves me; repentance is the sign that I realize what God has done in Christ Jesus. ”

- Oswald Chambers

phkrause

• Members
 19-500x500.jpg

phkrause