ClubAdventist is back!

When Leaders can't lead

Gary English

A real issue in our Church.

Charismatic leaders, powerful orators, they love Jesus, strong in good Theology, and we love them.

BUT

Zero growth, huge decline in the Anglos, a list of reasons why that happens, and etc etc.

Yet our mission is to be used by God to accomplish s mission. New ideas are shunned.

We need leaders, Conference Presidents, that will lead out in the goals we have been given by the Great Commission.

• Administrators

Well said... I wonder if our time of relative ease makes knowing God redundant.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

we need hearts that are surrendered to the Holy Spirit, i think any effort any plan will bear fruit, if the power of the Holy Spirit is present.

the virtue is not in what program, what kind of chairs, and what kind of suit, what kind of academic education, what kind of media equipment, it is what kind of people we are, how do we represent Jesus.

the great work will be finished by individual Christians, lay people who are totally dedicated and devoted to God with every particle of their being.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Quote:
the great work will be finished by individual Christians, lay people who are totally dedicated and devoted to God with every particle of their being.

thumbsup

Employees often, most of the time, ask 'what can my leader do for me'. So it is quite often with church membership. It is not always about what can ' ' do for me, but rather what can WE do for God. There is a goal, we have been given the tools, now go with it and accomplish the task.

• Moderators

Quote:
New ideas are shunned.

And the people and programs are criticized by those sitting in the seats.

Gregory

I remember being told about a retired Conference President, and the quote was something like "you will not find a Godlier man". I asked about growth, and the response was something like 'it is tough area for growth'

I was a member of one Church in Alberta, and was told when I moved there it was a tough area, and there was much opposition to Adventists. I was in my 20's then.

Well, of all things a Pastor came in about 5 years after I left and he was not convinced of that, All most tripled the membership in 2-3 years and they had to build a Church School.

Have never forgotten that.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:
New ideas are shunned.

And the people and programs are criticized by those sitting in the seats.

Sometimes, yes. Not to imply that all ideas are criticized, nor that all ideas are good.

Rejoice always,

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators
Inertia. And truly Laodicea. So what's the solution except for a revival & reformation that we keep talking about but which never seem to get off the ground? We are now on Lesson 10 on Revival & Reformation. Seen any change yet?

I am looking for the Bible Text (NT) that talks about leaving them alone, if they succeed then it will show that it is of God... or something similar.

Thanks

Quote:
38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Sometimes we just have to ride things out an Observe....

Not sure things can all be blamed on leadership, Church growth happens from the pews.

thumbsup

Some people are leaders and some people are followers (Shepard and sheep). The self-ascribed dutiful servant does better when co-operating with the other without criticism if it is accomplished in other ways than first imagined, especially when Jesus is the Shepard.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Yes, some are leaders and some are followers. However, it is sometimes difficult to recognize in others and ourselves. Expanding your thought further, leadership is not always consistently found in the same person at all times. Sometimes for any given person it is time to simply follow, sometimes to lead.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members
Yes, some are leaders and some are followers. However, it is sometimes difficult to recognize in others and ourselves. Expanding your thought further, leadership is not always consistently found in the same person at all times. Sometimes for any given person it is time to simply follow, sometimes to lead.
I definitely agree with that.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Inertia. And truly Laodicea. So what's the solution except for a revival & reformation that we keep talking about but which never seem to get off the ground? We are now on Lesson 10 on Revival & Reformation. Seen any change yet?

Aren't we supposed to be looking in only one place to find out if revival and reformation are happening? What's the one place? Our own hearts. If it isn't happening there it isn't going to happen. Revival and reformation are not church responsibilities. They are the individual's responsibility.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

Quote:
Aren't we supposed to be looking in only one place to find out if revival and reformation are happening? What's the one place? Our own hearts. If it isn't happening there it isn't going to happen. Revival and reformation are not church responsibilities. They are the individual's responsibility.

yes, it is a personal responsibility,

we cannot say it is because we are a follower and have poor leaders, or that we are a leader and have poor followers.

we have one Leader who is perfect, and no one has any excuse for not being full of spiritual life.

we all have equal access every moment of every day of our lives.

it is with us how much we will seek God, how much we will listen, and how much we will follow Him, and come to life and intentionally live for His glory and for the blessing of others.

as i mention this i am reminded of the scriptures, "of ourselves we can do nothing", and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.