ClubAdventist is back!

No I'm not running for president

Norman Byers, N.D.

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of this forum for about 7 months now and I have to say that I really enjoy the discussions we are having. It is a blessing to me to read all the different ideas and convictions that are posted. When I respond most of the time I take my time and think things through. I want to post something meaningful and I don't want to look like a fool either.

I praise God for you all and hope that none of you leave because of anything anyone may say to you. I certainly don't ever want to be the cause of someone leaving this forum. I have at times in the past been too direct with some people and am learning to control that and just use it when called for. (In person and with love) It is easy however to misunderstand what someone is saying at times as printed words convey no emotions so personal and sometime erroneous interpretations can lead to problems.

I look forward to coming home and reading the replies to my posts and others as well. I believe that I am a better person and Christian as a result of being a part of you all here. I am growing fond of you all even though I don't know you all personally that well.

I must tell on Robert however: I met him and his wife Patsy in North Carolina after he made the invitation to us here to come and hear Jack Sequeira. When Denise, Lee Michael and I got there at night we went to our hotel and got our room. I went back to our 2003 Chevy Warner brothers edition Venture "super minivan" to bring it to the door so we could unload it. It would not start!

So our friends from AL (who were there but at another hotel) came to get us so we could get to the first meeting. (My friend is a mechanic and we figured it was the fuel pump.) Before we left for the meeting I checked online and found that it would cost us about $500.00 to fix! Not good, we didn't need that. When we met Robert and Patsy we told them about our problem and guess what Robert did? He offered to help us out financially! I was so supprised and said, "No" It was hard to conceive that someone was willing to help. I guess it was my pride that caused me to say, "No"

That was a blessing and I praise God for Robert's generosity. By the way Robert I have let my pride go, please send money anytime grin.gif

Not only does he preach the Gospel but he demonstrates it. He was the only one out of all those people to do that.

The next day, Sabbath we were waiting for our friend from AL to come pick us up and I decided to give it a try. It started and we've never had a problem with it sense.

I'm sure that if I met with more of you here that I'd be blessed. I have also talked on the phone with Dr. Ben Herndon and had a very inspirational and uplifting conversion with him. Some of you have sent me private messages and told me that my posts were a blessing to you. That is encouraging; we should all do that more often to each other. Some of you have also thanked me and encouraged me for sharing my testimony, praise God and thank you!

As time goes on and the return of Jesus gets nearer, my hope is that all of us will have gained strength from getting to know each other and sharing our thoughts, feelings and convictions.

Take care and God bless you all

Sincerely,

In love,

In Christ,

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522