ClubAdventist is back!

If the Church Were Christian

phkrause

• Members

I know that this is not just the Adventist, but I thought it was an interesting link.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/If-..._term=yahoo.com

ps:I'm not in total agreement with all the statements, but overall I agree with there assessment of Christianity.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I'm glad you said you didn't agree with everything they said as I'm satisfied there are some points made that discount the majesty of Jesus and extol inherent goodness of man.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

i do think it is an issue in Christianity when people make an object of God.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

I also agreed with many of the points the article mentioned, yet, the article seems to be one-sided. It seems the author is trading mercy at the expense of Justice, which in my humble is a mischaracterization of God's plan of salvation. Not a single remonstrance against sin - - without sin, there is no judgment, without judgment there is no Justice.

Moreover, the author has taken a humanistic approach, which interestinly is grounded in natual law - that humans are inherently good. This is the foundation of Catholic Doctrine. Just my two cents.