ClubAdventist is back!

What ever became of SDAnonymous?

Joshua-

• Administrators

never heard of it, do you have any links to this information?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Supposedly, it was someone (or, if they were being honest, multiple people) that hacked the EGW Estate network and downloaded a whole bunch of previously 'unpublished' manuscripts.

Supposedly, there was nearly as much 'unpublished' material as there was published material, but only a few people across the globe had access to this private information located somewhere in the EGW Estate's network.

The person had a site up where you could purchase the unreleased manuscripts, which really sent up warning flags for me (the whole 'information wants to be free' hacker mentality was in stark contrast to charging for the 1's and 0's), but the site got taken down. From what I heard the EGW Estate pressed charges against the person? If that were true, it gave some validity to their (SDAnonymous') claims. Just curious. Seems to have faded away.

White Estate Hacker Group 'SDAnonymous' Issues Statement

http://spectrummagazine.org/node/4719

PRESS RELEASE FROM SDANONYMOUS

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104531009/Press-Release-From-SDAnonymous

WikiLeaks and the Spirit of Prophecy: Who is SDAnonymous?

http://www.atoday.org/article/1098/news/...-is-sdanonymous

• Members

As a matter of fact I believe they were on this forum at one time?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

After reading through your provided links and additional thoughts on those websites, I see it 'much ado about nothing'. It seems people will always want to see a 'conspiracy of silence' about everything. Any 'estate' will want to make sure materials are used in a proper manner. Not everything written by an author needs or should be published. As for SDA's, we do believe the Bible is first, don't we? At least that is what EGW believed and stated!

thinking

I was honestly just curious if anyone had any information on what eventually became of the whole thing. I knew 1 person personally that paid for the so called 'unpublished' manuscripts, but they never mentioned receiving anything. I was just really curious if they actually truly did get some sort of unpublished material or if the entire thing was eventually discovered to be someone with far too much time on their hands deciding to troll a random organization for fun and profit.

Yes, as Christians we should believe the Bible is inspired and therefore the final arbiter of Truth, since it comes from the source of Truth (Truth Himself). I also believe that as an SDA, we understand the Spirit of Prophecy was manifested in the ministry of EGW. That was an incredibly hard thing for me to accept when I came into the church several years ago-- had God not brought her writings into my field of vision before I ever knew what an Adventist was, I would have thrown them away without ever reading a single word (knowing nothing about the SDA church, I assumed it was a cult. And by assumed I mean, was completely convinced in my mind without knowing a single thing about it).

Hacking the EGW page is absolutely against Ellen White's teachings and the Bible's . It is not bringing SDAs more light by releasing her ''unseen manuscripts'' , it's making Adventists seem tricky.This is a serious thing , it's not the ''unseen scenes'' from 16 and pregnant.

God is, My all and all!

I tend to agree with you, Ralu.

When I first heard about it, I went to the guys page and left a message expressing my contempt of his actions.

But when I was discussing it with a previous teacher of mine, he gave me another perspective on it. His exact words were, "God has promised that if lines are drawn much tighter, that persons will be constrained to move ignoring man-made restraints. This might be such a move. In such a case, I would not want to oppose it." (I believe he was making a reference to "RH, July 23, 1895 par. 2", but he might have had a different statement in mind.)

I didn't like that SDAnonymous tried to sell the works (neither did my teacher). I didn't like that he/she/they hacked into the Estate at all (neither did my teacher). However, if what they claimed was true (that the Estate had tons of unpublished manuscripts and it was only letting a select few have access to them rather than publishing them for everyone), then it very well could have been viewed as a case of the personnel at the Estate being in the wrong.

Either way, I don't think anyone ever got any of the files that were supposedly copied from the Estate.

Temcat has a decent archive of the topic it seems

http://www.temcat.com/004-Understanding-SDA/SDA-Annon-Story.pdf

Ok. So apparently one of the members of SDAnonymous (Brendan Knudson) lived beyond jurisdiction for indictment (had it of been something considered a little more 'sensitive' to our government, they probably would have pursued him under the DMCA).

The Estate has put out a specific date in regards to when the material will be released.

White Estate Announces Web Access to All Letters and Manuscripts

http://www.atoday.org/article/1670/news/...and-manuscripts

(and look who the first commenter on the story was)

Surely whatever data he/they got is still somewhere. It would be interesting to compare that to what the Estate releases.

• Administrators

this is a great link joshua,

So who is Brendan Knudson who was the first to comment on this page 7 months ago?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

One wonders if there is a justifiable reason for withholding testimonies written by EGW for publication.

Many like myself believe she was God's prophet/messenger/ mouthpiece.

Often she recorded a vision ("I saw") from God, and even the words of the LORD Himself.

How many visions remain locked up?

How many generations have died without this information?

Have souls been lost as a result?

It's obvious the Church has the means & talent to index and publish any amount of literature,

especially when the author died almost 100 years ago (1915).

Is God's will fulfilled or frustrated by this delay?

• Administrators

What makes you think that there were visions locked up? Would you like to see all of her private correspondence?

Gordon, it sounds like you are willing to think "conspiracy" right off when you don't have all the facts.

Wouldn't you rather think well of people than badly? How would you like it if people did that to you, assume the worst right off?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I'm not really too sure whether or not there was justifiable reason for not publishing them, it would have to be determined by the content. If they were strictly personal letters that she requested not be shared, I am of the opinion they shouldn't be shared (if they contained anything that could be relevant to us, I'm sure she would either made no such request, or, she would have duplicated the relevant portions in another publication).

But without knowing for sure, who knows? There is a bunch of crazy stuff going on (I'm sure you have all heard about the modified Spirit of Prophecy books being distributed around China, where Roman Catholic theology has been placed into EGWs books [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja97AG85qW4 ]).

I don't personally know anyone within the Estate, so I don't know anything above and beyond what I can research from my own house (very limited). However, if what SDAnonymous claimed was true, some of the information they obtained was from someone inside of the Estate who was sympathetic towards their cause and didn't agree with the Estates policies regarding the refusal to release the information (though I am not certain this claim is true. Only one person was implicated in the crime, they apparently requested the help from various people in forums to break into the Estates site via SQL injection-- they wouldn't have needed to do that if they had someone on the inside leaking the information. It is possible they made this contact sometime after the attempted hacking, however).

I'm not sure if this is a comprehensive list or not, but supposedly this is a list of letters that have not been made public (anything without a date on the right hand column for 'release date'):

http://data.over-blog-kiwi.com/0/30/76/8...2-et-manusc.pdf

Gail, the Great Controversy is a Universal-scale conspiracy.

You need not believe it, but the devil is on the ground as he was in Christ's time.

We are forbidden from wishing everyone Godspeed.

Why meet discussion questions with personal attacks?

If you have the facts, why not share them?

One can't be too surprised about these counterfeit EGW books promoting Sunday

- crazy things as you say.

Jim Arrabito documented testimonies of jesuit infiltration in SDA conferences going back to the forties. This film was made around 1986 - Bible workers, colporteurs - those who saw the effects.

Behind the Door - video - 2 hrs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8HUVYDLV_Y

• Administrators

Gail, the Great Controversy is a Universal-scale conspiracy.

You need not believe it, but the devil is on the ground as he was in Christ's time.

We are forbidden from wishing everyone Godspeed.

Why meet discussion questions with personal attacks?

If you have the facts, why not share them?

Because you are accusing your brethren of some conspiracy. That can only serve to tear down not build up people's faith.

Just because the devil has his fingers in many pies doesn't mean we need to join him in accusing the brethren, especially when we don't have all the facts.

The victory is in God; our eyes need to be fixed on Him.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Exactly Gail. Its just like the Bible, God made sure it never was destroyed, even though many try there best. So with EGW, whatever needs to be out there will be, per God, not us.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

frankly, I don't see any value in seeing Ellen White's private correspondence... other than to get more of an idea what sort of person she was...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I know God can look after it and He will.

There is no accusation of brethren. These are questions for this board which thinking members can consider. Those publishers might be your brethren Gail, but I've not met them. I don't even know if they're Adventist.

If you have the facts we can discuss those.

But why permit discussions if questions are not tolerated?

I have seen and studied the documents in question. No I will not provide them to anyone or post them here.

There is nothing note worthy to be found among the documents. MOST of it is simply a repeat of what has already been published. The rest is rather dull reading and sheds no light of any real value on any topic.

Rumors persist of course. Somethings hidden, conspiracy, etc. I couldn't take the whole of the work and come up with a pamphlet worthy of printing. It would literally be a waste of time and repeating what is already available.

The most profound rumor I have heard (which originated with a fellow fairly high up in the ranks of SDA leadership) was that the documents spoke of an unknown class of angels that is not mentioned in any of Ellen Whites writing or the bible. An exhaustive search for this mystery turned up nothing. And this rumor from a guy who had full access! Whats up with that?

Much ado about nothing indeed...

Due to the lack of access to these documents I thought I should comment for clairity.