ClubAdventist is back!

New booklet on 'Social Justice' written by a friend.

olger

• Moderators

Hmm... 'the giving was always voluntary'... and he cites Ananaias and Sapphira. But conveniently leaves out the *deathpenalty* part!

I'm afraid most of his use of Scripture is of the same kind.

Truth is important

OLGER

I read about 1/2 of this booklet---page 8 and what i read was very very

very very good with very very very good points on this topic

dgrimm60

Thanks, I think so too.

`g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Hmm... 'the giving was always voluntary'... and he cites Ananaias and Sapphira. But conveniently leaves out the *deathpenalty* part!

The giving was voluntary, as attested by the passage "Wasn't it yours to do with as you please..?" Selling the ground was voluntary. Giving the money or not giving the money was voluntary.

The death penalty was a consequence of lying to the Holy Spirit, by giving the impression that they had given it all when they did not - and sealing it with a pact to deceive.

Calvin's use of Scripture is fine in this article. His integrity in rejecting the theory of evolution also stands as a rebuke to those who kneel at the altar of Darwin.

rejoice always,

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Your misunderstanding of Scripture is showing.

Ananias and Sapphira were not compelled to say what, or how much, they would give of anything. Once they said what and how much they would give to God it opens up another door into other issues. They pledged their gift to God, and told Him how much they would give. Then they changed their minds and lied about the proceeds of the sale so they could keep back a part of the money. It was their lying to God that caused Him to execute the death penalty on them.

They could have promised nothing, given nothing, and experienced nothing negative. Peter told them so before God executed His penalty upon them.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville