• Administrators

Can you say shaking?

Signs of the times are everywhere

Even so come Lord Jesus

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Strange times fo sho.

I thought the young people did a good job of explaining the 'conference.'

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I'm curious as to your definition of young. One writer was a student while the other has to be at least 40.

Remember Adventists Online?

Perhaps this is nothing but the speedy decline of Spectrum - the inevitable conclusion to their chosen path.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

"Shaking" as opposed to what? ... dying? Adventist Church is bordering nursing home age these days :). It's true no matter where I go.

Now, there are a few possibilities here:

1) Old people are the faithful. And it's obviously more important to God that people will hit "check" on all of the fath-doctrine test than actual practice of forgiveness, love, and compassion.

2) Younger generations are fed up with unreasonable remnants of fundamentalism nonsense that merely sits and point the fingers, and waits for the world to end soon.

I tend to view it as #2. Younger generation runs from the church, because they don't see God there. All they see is a bunch of grumpy old people claiming to be God.

I'm obviously generalizing, and exaggerating, but you see my point.

• Moderators

'Shaking' is a very handy meme, because it means 'no matter how badly the church fails to reflect the character of God, we can always say that those who leave are, by definition, the chaff'.

Truth is important

• Administrators

Interesting...

This process is not new, it also occured in the baby Christian church, as the Eclectics did the same thing. They counted it their job to investigate all the spiritual ways, collect the truth from each one and that is what they would hold to. We have them to thank for viewpoints such as Scripture should not be understood as it reads but in its secondary, hidden meaning. That led to the idea that only the priesthood could rightly interpret Scripture and the movement to keep the Bible away from the common folk.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Quote:

2) Younger generations are fed up with unreasonable remnants of fundamentalism nonsense that merely sits and point the fingers, and waits for the world to end soon.

I tend to view it as #2. Younger generation runs from the church, because they don't see God there. All they see is a bunch of grumpy old people claiming to be God.

I happen to have relatives, young and old who are pointing their fingers to the food (both bread of life and staff of life) for those who have been perishing without it, all members in good standing in the Seventh Day Adventist church, who don't have time to spend telling everyone how bad all the others are in the body of believers.

When one is dissatisfied with the condition of the church we are asked by the King of kings to let our light shine and work on our own lack, not point back at those that are accustomed to draw attention to others beyond what the Word says.

And I'd really like to know what "unreasonable nonsense" it is, that seems to be the excuse used to join party with the accuser of the brethren.

"Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,

“It has come at last—

salvation and power

and the Kingdom of our God,

and the authority of his Christ.

For the accuser of our brothers and sisters

has been thrown down to earth—

the one who accuses them

before our God day and night.

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb

and by their testimony.

And they did not love their lives so much

that they were afraid to die." Revelation 12:10-11 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Quote:
I happen to have relatives, young and old who are pointing their fingers to the food (both bread of life and staff of life) for those who have been perishing without it, all members in good standing in the Seventh Day Adventist church, who don't have time to spend telling everyone how bad all the others are in the body of believers.

When one is dissatisfied with the condition of the church we are asked by the King of kings to let our light shine and work on our own lack, not point back at those that are accustomed to draw attention to others beyond what the Word says.

:like:

I feel for those who have not have workers helping them to the water of life, such as the young ones or new ones. The seeking doesn't end when one's name is on the books. The spiritual life must be fed by coming to Jesus on a daily basis.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Quote:
And I'd really like to know what "unreasonable nonsense" it is, that seems to be the excuse used to join party with the accuser of the brethren.

You mean besides the one that would imply that anyone who leaves the church joins the party with the Satan?

Quote:
You mean besides the one that would imply that anyone who leaves the church joins the party with the Satan?

"“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.

“So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven."Matthew 12:30-31 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
The spiritual life must be fed by coming to Jesus on a daily basis.

It is then we feel bold enough to claim His promises.

" For God has said,

“I will never fail you.

I will never abandon you.”

So we can say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper,

so I will have no fear.

What can mere people do to me?"Hebrews 13:5-6 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
And I'd really like to know what "unreasonable nonsense" it is, that seems to be the excuse used to join party with the accuser of the brethren...

"“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.

“So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven."Matthew 12:30-31 NLT

You mean like quoting single verses of the Bible, ignoring the entire context in order to proof the futile idea that anyone who leaves the church joins hands with Satan?

You are doing more than that, friend. You are displaying a shattering ignorance of what actually happened in this amazing story.

For instance it was the old people who's spiritual ennui led them to desert the biblical fidelity of the Advent Message, and it was the young people who resisted them in support of the confirmed truth of our Message.

I like that sort of thing,

`oG

I feel for those who have not have workers helping them to the water of life, such as the young ones or new ones. The seeking doesn't end when one's name is on the books. The spiritual life must be fed by coming to Jesus on a daily basis.

Amen Sista.

Quote:
You are doing more than that, friend. You are displaying a shattering ignorance of what actually happened in this amazing story.

I wasn't talking about the story :). I was talking about the general state of Adventism. As hopeful your attitude is, it's merely denying a quite obvious reality that has everyone in NAD quite concerned about the future of Adventism, to the point that the emphasis this year is on tapping into a flow of immigrants and refugees.

Quote:

For instance it was the old people who's spiritual ennui led them to desert the biblical fidelity of the Advent Message, and it was the young people who resisted them in support of the confirmed truth of our Message.

I'm sure you aware that the event took place in the area of Southern Adventist U? Adventist University surroundings are one of the few places where my comments wouldn't apply.

• Moderators

Satan likes to use some very clear heresy and strange ideas to chase people into the security of Orthodoxy and Tradition unquestioned. Satan likes us to think that we have to choose only between A and B, when often there are C's and D's and even E's available if we would continue to study.

• Moderators

"Shaking" as opposed to what? ... dying? Adventist Church is bordering nursing home age these days :). It's true no matter where I go.

If you are ever in my area, stop by our church, almost half are young people. BTW, one recent report (not SDA source) pointed out that the SDAC is the fastest growing in the USA.

ESV | ýJdg 2:10 And all that generation also were gathered to their fathers. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the LORD or the work that he had done for Israel.

• Members

Originally Posted By: fccool

If you are ever in my area, stop by our church, almost half are young people. BTW, one recent report (not SDA source) pointed out that the SDAC is the fastest growing in the USA.

ESV | ýJdg 2:10 And all that generation also were gathered to their fathers. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the LORD or the work that he had done for Israel.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Now, there are a few possibilities here:

1) Old people are the faithful. And it's obviously more important to God that people will hit "check" on all of the fath-doctrine test than actual practice of forgiveness, love, and compassion.