ClubAdventist is back!

What I LIKE about Seventh-day Adventist ....................

Naomi

• Administrators

They have great, healthy fellowship meals.

What do you like or respect?

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

It seems that no matter where you go to church or travel and attend church, you either know someone there or they know someone that you know! Just a giant huge family!!

Thats a very nice post degrimm60, it is SO true. I love the idea that I am studying with the body of believers world wide!

I really appreciate the grasp and knowledge that Adventists have on prophecy.

• Moderators

I love Mrs. White's Great Controversy philosophy, and the understanding of hell fire. I also like how there seems to be a balance in how to interact with others, conservative Christians, liberal Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists etc. than how a lot of these group members are able to interact with some of the others.

• Administrators

Thanks guys for your positive remarks.

Quote:

"Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."Acts 17:11 NASB

ditto!

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
It seems that no matter where you go to church or travel and attend church, you either know someone there or they know someone that you know! Just a giant huge family!!
:like:

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

They have great, healthy fellowship meals.

The Christian fellowship is definitely a plus, and Sabbath School, no matter what we study we have some great discussions.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Definitely the doctrine! I was led by the Spirit to the church and I love the sanctuary understanding. I love the contiuity from the Old Testament to the New. :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

What do I like and respect about the SDA church? I love that the doctrines of the SDA church paint a picture of God that agrees with His own statements about Himself.

Potlucks aren't bad either.... bwink

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

As for me, I respect the Seventh-day Adventist Church because it continues to maintain it's standards as close to the Bible as humanly possible. I truly believe that as a growing World Church our leadership earnestly works to maintain the best possible Biblical policies to represent all cultures.

We are family. We will never all agree and worship the same, but thru prayer, we can maintain scriptural leadership, acting in love in every aspect of our interactions and policies. Being exceedingly thoughtful in all of our words and deeds; in all things. Just my opinion

I like the emphasis on healthy living; the camaraderie, fraternity and fellowship (this varies from congregation to congregation, but generally is very good); the music - it was the singing of one particular young lady one sabbath morning that started me out of my downward spiral of depression and unbelief; the lack of judgement - when I confessed my atheism to a pastor many years ago he received me with grace and compassion; forgiveness - the Lord knows how I have wronged others in the past, they have forgiven me and received me back into fellowship.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

Quote:
As for me, I respect the Seventh-day Adventist Church because it continues to maintain it's standards as close to the Bible as humanly possible. I truly believe that as a growing World Church our leadership earnestly works to maintain the best possible Biblical policies to represent all cultures.

We are family. We will never all agree and worship the same, but thru prayer, we can maintain scriptural leadership, acting in love in every aspect of our interactions and policies. Being exceedingly thoughtful in all of our words and deeds; in all things.

:like:

Beautiful Naomi. Good for me to start my day.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!