ClubAdventist is back!

General Conference Policy in Relation to the Ordination of Women

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

http://michianaadventistforum.wordpress....gary-patterson/

A thoughtful and knowledgable presentation at a special forum in Michigan by Gary Patterson, a man for whom I have great respect.

Read the documents upon which it was based (links at bottom of the web page)

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

What's interesting about all this is, that we can all come up with video's of others who give there opinions for or against WO. Like Doug Batchelor, Shawn Boonstra, etc., etc. Like most have said, there really is no clear statement, in the Bible or SOP that says one way or the other! Is there? You see I was one that leaned towards WO, until I heard a sermon by Pastor DB, I thought he gave really great reasons for not ordaining women, but than listening to Pastor DN, he gives great reasons for WO. Now both are really great preachers and very dedicated to the Lord. I believe neither one is lying or trying to munipulate WO one way or the other. They both have a burden to bring souls to God, do they not??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thats a very good point PK, it's actually worthy of it's own thread!!!

How DO we know whats up?? It really hit me when I read a sermon (a paper) about the 99 and the one missing sheep. I knew and know the man who wrote it. The sermon related how the Adventist Church was the 99, and God LEFT THEM to go find the missing "true" sheep. Know you know the plot and where thats going. But I tell ya, NOT knowing the plot and where it was going, the logic and reasoning was flawless, powerful, convincing! It made perfect sense. That fellow who wrote it had left the Church when he authored it. I realized how easy one can be duped by apparent "perfect logic".

I know your thinking, "Well I'd never fall for that". You might be right, I hope you are. But many people DID fall for that and still are! How DO you know what side to support on W.O.? Good question... I have made my choice, but will set it aside if need be to come into harmony with my brethren when this thing is over (at least until the next round).

http://youtu.be/hj3V3ALJqc0

In this video Dr Dwight Nelson presents what I considered the best arguments I have ever heard in support of the ordination of women. Please watch it with an open mind whether you are in favour of women's ordination or not.

Our oldest son listened to Dwight Nelson's pro-WO sermon at Andrews and said "It was a painfully subjective attempt to promote WO."

Then he listened to Dwayne Lemon's presentation on Audioverse, and said "Wow. That was powerful and Scriptural."

Just sayin..

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

"Despite speculation by the media and a number of Catholic scholars that Pope Francis could name the Church's first female cardinal next February, the Vatican has rebuked those claims, saying that the unprecedented event will not take place."

Even the Catholics have figured out the problem (not biblical) with women in high leadership positions. :)

• Administrators

Aligning ourselves with the Vatican... Now that's sure to be a winning argument.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Ha Ha, thought you might like that Tom!

It was an interesting article. They too recognize that women have a tremendous roll to play in the Church. And they too are trying to figure out to utilize that in a more effective way, just as we are. Should we immediately stop that pursuit because Catholics are already doing that and we dare not "align ourselves" with them? Of course not! But they are drawing the line at the higher levels of leadership as they, like myself and many others, do not believe such a roll can be biblically supported.

• Members

Quote:
women have a tremendous roll to play in the Church

giggle

(was that phrase a Freudian slip of typing?)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Uh,,, looks OK to me, maybe women, or others, see something there I don't? Wouldn't surprise me, I am kinda slow sometimes. :)

They have a tremendous contribution to make in the Church. Better?

They really do, and many posts pointing out the various, uh, "rolls" of women in the bible demonstrate this. Now I don't see these various examples rising to the level of the highest positions of leadership. I see them as excellent examples of how women enhance the Church.

Myself, I put zero weight on women prophets as an example of leadership within the Church. That particular calling is simply to unique and exclusive to draw much from in the way of conclusions, for men or women. I understand some see that differently.

Club,

I think Rudy is looking at your spelling. "Roll" has to do with "rolling." You probably meant to say "role."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

backtopic

http://michianaadventistforum.wordpress....gary-patterson/

A thoughtful and knowledgable presentation at a special forum in Michigan by Gary Patterson, a man for whom I have great respect.

Read the documents upon which it was based (links at bottom of the web page)