ClubAdventist is back!

Proving More than Intended

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

From Ministry Magazine in 1996 -

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1996/03/proving-more-than-intended

As I posted on Facebook in reaction to this article -

"It does help me focus my thinking on an item that has been bouncing around in my mind of late. It seems to me that resistance to accepting WO is resisting acceptance of EGW's calling. The essence of ordination is human recognition of God's calling to a specific purpose. By saying one cannot ordain (recognize) God's calling to any woman to pastoral ministry is to cast doubt on the call of God to EGW, because she too was a woman. (Although as a friend quips, "She was the third gender, neither male nor female." ) Those opposed to WO do tend to minimize and try to explain away her ordination credentials and her words about women being fitted for ministry. Not even willing to recognize EGW as being qualified to be an ordained minister…"

Something to think about.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I don't think Ellen ever intended for females to take over church leadership. She was perfectly happy with male conference presidents etc...

I am friends with her great great great grandson - was at 3ABN with him. He said she wouldn't speak until after James spoke if he was present at a meeting. i like that. It is nice to see a gentle and quiet spirit in our sisters - we see so little of that in western countries nowadays.

The Bible is clear in 1 Peter and Colossians that men and women have different roles. God asks for five qualities in His daughters, and six qualities from his sons. Different and complimentary qualities, they are.

Rejoice always,

Gerry

• Like 1

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Ellen ever intended for females to take over church leadership. She was perfectly happy with male conference presidents etc...

I am friends with her great great great grandson - was at 3ABN with him. He said she wouldn't speak until after James spoke if he was present at a meeting. i like that. It is nice to see a gentle and quiet spirit in our sisters - we see so little of that in western countries nowadays.

The Bible is clear in 1 Peter and Colossians that men and women have different roles. God asks for five qualities in His daughters, and six qualities from his sons. Different and complimentary qualities, they are.

Rejoice always,

Gerry

I this your response to that article?

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Worth considering...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)