ClubAdventist is back!

NAD Votes Report from Theology of Ordination Study Committee

Tom Wetmore

• Moderators

Quote:
Even the two that were most loyal to God later died, right?

If you are asking if those two are still alive today--not as far as I know? :)

If you are asking if the two died with the ten--No. They outlived the ten.

Gregory

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClubV12

• Tom Wetmore

• Green Cochoa

• olger

Quote:
Even the two that were most loyal to God later died, right?

If you are asking if those two are still alive today--not as far as I know? :)

If you are asking if the two died with the ten--No. They outlived the ten.

I think you may have misunderstood the present conversation, considering that none of those "ten" had anything to do (at least not directly) with the fight that took place after their death and which caused others to die for going ahead of the Lord. When God says "Wait," who are we to say "Forward march!"?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• Members

On what are we to wait? WO? This has been in the works for many years, so in my opinion, the church and its members have been waiting. Again I ask for the statements in the Bible and SOP where there is any word about WO?? Everyone has a right to there opinion of WO, no "ands," "ifs," or "buts" about it. It has been studied by very smart individuals and they can not agree one way or the other. If its to happen it will, if not it won't.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

On what are we to wait? WO? This has been in the works for many years, so in my opinion, the church and its members have been waiting. Again I ask for the statements in the Bible and SOP where there is any word about WO?? Everyone has a right to there opinion of WO, no "ands," "ifs," or "buts" about it. It has been studied by very smart individuals and they can not agree one way or the other. If its to happen it will, if not it won't.

From my perspective, the same God who ruled that only the "sons of Aaron" were to officiate as priests in the sanctuary, and gave this word to His people through the prophet Moses; the same God who selected twelve men to be His apostles; the same God who gave instructions through Paul about the order to be observed in the early Christian church; and the same God who gave messages to a prophet just a century ago; is still well able to tell us what direction we should move as a church, if any movement is to be made. God does not leave us to a sea of confusion on any matter of importance to His church. The present issue is certainly one of importance. Are we waiting for His will to be revealed? or are we presuming it is time already, past time even, for a "change" from what He has seen fit to give us to date?

It is exceedingly clear that God:

1) Did not see fit to put women into the priesthood,

2) Did not see fit to ordain women apostles,

3) Did not see fit to instruct the early church in ordaining women, and

4) Did not see fit to change this order through the writings of Mrs. White.

Mrs. White's writings leave the matter, at best, ambiguous. No specific change on the ordination policy is made. She neither advocated women's ordination nor condemned it. She speaks of women leaders, even using terms such as "pastors" and "ministers" in the same thought. But there is never a clear-cut statement in terms of officially ordaining women to pastor churches as their male counterparts are frequently named. Mrs. White also firmly places women in a place of subjection to their husbands, just as the Bible does, and tells men it is their duty to maintain their positions of headship with humility, yet with firmness and decision.

So, until God reveals otherwise, those who proclaim "forward march!" are presumptuous at best, and rebellious at worst.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Not only that, Jesus carved the names of the Twelve disciples into the foundation of the New Jerusalem. A foundation that will stand for eternity.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Read the NAD News Point - http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=84ac041b8b705798057dab6f2&id=2600220283

The vote indicates unequivocal support for WO by Church leadership from NAD.

This news report include links to the full report, plus various presentations and videos presented at the NAD Year End Meeting.

Here is also a link to the NAD Theology of Ordination Committee website -

http://nadordination.com

backtopic

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

On another thread I posted FOUR Divisions that are projected to vote NO to W.O. The results will be updated as the data becomes available.

Right now it looks like four for and four against.

Whatever the vote may be in any given Division that position does NOT necessarily reflect the majority of members either way. It reflects those on the committee charged with making a decision. One can only hope that decision reflects the members thoughts.

No Euro-Asia Division

No South Africa-Indian Ocean Division

No Southern Asia-Pacific Division

No West-Central Africa Division