ClubAdventist is back!

Another Female Spirlitual Leader

Gregory Matthews

In 1995 Brenda was ordained as a local Elder...

Ok, is the ordaination of an elder different than the ordaination of a pastor? Is Brenda ordained as a pastor?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Quote:
Ok, is the ordaination of an elder different than the ordaination of a pastor? Is Brenda ordained as a pastor?

1) Yes, ordination as a local elder is different from ordination as a SDA Minister.

2) Both men and women can be ordained as local elders in the SDA Church.

3) Females who serve as pastors area Commissioned but not ordained as SDA Clergy.

4) The exception to the above is that of the present President of the South Eastern California Conference. There are those who believe that she has been validly ordained as SDA Clergy.

5) Contrary to what has been posted here by some Prior ordinations of females by local congregations has only been that of a local elder as SDA Congregations only have the authority to do that.

NOTE: SDA pastors may not be ordained SDA clergy. They are likely to be local elders, if not ordained clergy.

Gregory

I leave room for extenuating circumstances dgrimm, as does Ellen White. Our pioneers were extremely practical in all things. Auntie Ellen in particular fought against leadership that was to rigid and micro managing for instance. Sweeping changes in the G.C. took place around the 1900's as a direct result of her counsel concerning to much power in the hands of to few.

China is a good example of extenuating circumstances that are vastly different than what we find in the USA.

I ASSUME Billignly is a commissioned Pastor, by the way, not ordained as a Pastor.

If Adam & Eve's first child had been a woman, WO zealots would be doing handsprings to leverage that as support for their cause.

Weak.

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

Glad you clarified this, your latest repeated spam commentary. "Weak." That is an accurate self assessment, albeit not intentionally so, of your own observation.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

If it's his job, then let him do it the way that he sees

fit...It's not yours to command...IOWs, he gets to define it...not you...

and therefore, you don't get to tell him to do his job...again, this is trollish behavior...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)