ClubAdventist is back!

Is It OK for Christians to be Rich?

phkrause

• Members

by Rob Kerby, Senior Editor

“Can a Christian be rich and still be a real Christian?” asks the website of the Trinity Community Christian Fellowship in Larnaca on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. “Everyone, it seems, wants to be rich.”

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Gallerie..._term=yahoo.com

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Because Solomon didn't ask for riches but wisdom, God gave him both. However the wisdom seemed to dissipate and was replaced with hundreds of wives and concubines. Maybe it's what happens to us after we have the riches that makes us better off with less.

God cares!/Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Because Solomon didn't ask for riches but wisdom, God gave him both. However the wisdom seemed to dissipate and was replaced with hundreds of wives and concubines. Maybe it's what happens to us after we have the riches that makes us better off with less.

LOL LHC, I've always wondered why God didn't let me become rich! I figured its because he knew I'd probably abuse it. Thank you Lord for watching over me.

phkrause

• Moderators

It beats being poor, that's for sure! A former colleague had this prayer - Lord, don't let me become so poor that I would be tempted to steal, nor so rich that I'd be tempted to forget You.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

LOL LHC, I've always wondered why God didn't let me become rich! I figured its because he knew I'd probably abuse it. Thank you Lord for watching over me.

Are you still tempted to have a dozen or more wives?

• Members
Are you still tempted to have a dozen or more wives?
LOL Gerry, no I've never been tempted to have a dozen or more wives! rollingsmile

phkrause

• Members

It beats being poor, that's for sure! A former colleague had this prayer - Lord, don't let me become so poor that I would be tempted to steal, nor so rich that I'd be tempted to forget You.

I like that prayer thumbsup

phkrause

• Administrators

Or, "Lord don't make me so poor that I see nothing wrong with stealing from the rich, nor so rich that I see nothing wrong with stealing from the poor."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Rich is a relative term that is difficult to define.

I recall seeing some poll or report that indicated the "wealthy" as determined by the mean income of the worlds population, thought of themselves as just getting by.

I used to think a $100,000K income was rich, until I actually found myself making that one day. Depending on where you live, it really is just barely enough!

Washington D.C., San Fran, Honolulu, I could scrape by if I was careful. :)