ClubAdventist is back!

What's your favorite Christmas memory??

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

Maybe it's a bit early to begin a Christmas thread, but we're only 33 days until Christmas arrives...

What's your favorite Christmas memory??

Mine is going to downtown Bend, Oregon with my mom and brother when I was 4 yrs old to see Santa Claus. When we went into the store, there was Santa!!! And he came right up to us, and knew my name, knew my brother's name, and knew what we wanted for Christmas! I was simply astounded!!!

It was quite a few years later when I found out that my dad was the "Santa Claus" for the city that year. :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

One of my favorite memories is getting my Lionel Trains. There are others which at the moment I don't recall. Oh, one just popped into my head, going downtown into Manhattan to Rockerfeller Center, and all the other sites in the area.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

:) My brother got a Lionel train set for Christmas one year too!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

My favorite Christmas memory was one long Christmas memory which ended 5 years ago.

January each year mother would began making Christmas gifts for all family and friends. Each gift was made for a specific individual; quilts, afghans, gloves, jackets, toy solders, dolls, etc. She was very creative and worked hard all year to have gifts for all of her loved ones.

Until mothers death, Each year of my life was spent on the farm with the fireplace blazing, tree decorated, Christmas eve diner was special and all possible family members were there. Often my brother would be out of the country so it would be mother, daddy, myself and my children. Always the carols on the piano, the guitar, and reading the account of Christ's birth from the huge family Bible. Using whatever recording device that was the newest invention we would record the activities and mail it to my brother and his family wherever they were.

When my brother could be home he loved to dress up in the Santa suit and come charging into the house to distribute gifts to the children of all ages. What fun!!! Christmas day found the house in a huge mess and no one cared ... later there was time to clean and put everything in order.

Today Mother & Daddy are no longer with us. The farm house is vacant; most of the family are scattered making it almost impossible to be together. I remember the times that I resented driving miles and miles in ice and snow to get home for Christmas, the time my boss told me I couldn't take off work to go home (lost that job!!!) all in all I am thankful for the Precious Memories enjoyed by parents, brother & his family and my children and grandchildren; at times aunts, uncles and cousins.

May you all make precious memories for yourself and your family

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God