ClubAdventist is back!

Portrait of Jesus?

Textus Receptus

I am wondering if any of you have come across this information. Interesting to say the least. I haven't done much investigating in regards to the subject but I wanted to get some of you guys imputs.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=167594

I followed up on that URL at the bottom of the web page and found it highly enticing, saving it for a little later when I have more time.

http://www.shasta.com/tempest/seventhunders/seventhunders.htm

As to the possible portrait of Jesus, the Bible refers to the possibilities, indicating this picture of Jesus falls more in line with what Jesus actually could have looked like when He walked on this earth.

However I'm satisfied to believe, in the Kingdom His beauty will be far surpassing what He looked like on this earth.

"Who has believed our report?

And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?

For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,

And as a root out of dry ground.

He has no form or comeliness;

And when we see Him,

There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

He is despised and rejected by men,

A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.

And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;

He was despised, and we did not esteem Him."

Isaiah 53:1-3 NKJV

God cares!/Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

I didn't realize Jesus was European.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members
He's not!! rollingsmile

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: lazarus
He's not!! rollingsmile

If this is true below, what racist remark can we make now and still consider our self a member of the body of Christ.

"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise."Galatians 3:27-29 NASB

God cares!/Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

If this is true below, what racist remark can we make now and still consider our self a member of the body of Christ.

What are you talking about?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Exactly, good question Lazarus, trying to figure that out myself still.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

How can we say for sure what an ethnic Jew looked like 2000 years ago? There have been so many civilizations moving through Palestine since that time. Greeks, Romans, Arabs, etc. There is even evidence that Egyptian King Tut most closely shares DNA with Europeans. In the Maccabees, the Spartans are said to be relatives of the Jews. The brother of Jacob is said to have red hair.

Remember Adventists Online?

I am wondering if any of you have come across this information. Interesting to say the least. I haven't done much investigating in regards to the subject but I wanted to get some of you guys imputs.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=167594

Here is what the Ellen White Estate has to say about the photo in question.

We have no record from Mrs. White herself of her opinion of the picture. But others recorded having heard her express herself about it. Here's what the White Estate has in its files regarding the picture of Christ under discussion:

Letter written by Mrs. Abbie Kellogg Norton, March 19, 1935: "I well

recall seeing Brother and Sister White coming to our home many times

when I was a child-probably in 1878-79 or 1880-81-and Sister White never

failed to comment upon the picture and its likeness to the Saviour as

she had seen Him in visions. I think her exact words were, 'Yes, yes,

it looks as I've seen our Saviour in vision--it's more nearly a likeness

than anything I have ever seen.' Of course it made a great impression

on us all."

Letter by W. C. White to Fred Harvey, April 25, 1935: "I have heard my

mother say something about this picture corresponding with what you have

written. I think that what you have written is a little more emphatic

than what I have heard, but I know she considered it the most nearly