ClubAdventist is back!

Shaving Beards Lev 19:27

AnotherMan

• Moderators

Quote:
I wasn't aware that every topic in the forum needed to focus on a salvational issue. Nor was I aware that the only reason (while albeit the *best* reason) for the existence of the forum was to "spread the good news"....

how does sharing one's milestones in life, or obituaries, or photos of pets or wildlife or injuries or office knick-knacks further the sharing of the good news? How does talking about one's family issues, or giving minute-by-minute sports scores further the cause of the good news?

I was under the assumption that welcomed topics included not only theological "salvational" issues, but also such items of interest as above.

If Jesus had walked around *only* spewing out theological data and texts, and never included core topics common to humans (e.g. death, work, weddings, animals), He would never have reached the people who really needed Him.

If someone is interested in whether men should wear beards or be clean-shaven, why should the question not be posed in a C/A forum?

(not trying to start an argument - just commenting on my perspective regarding the last two posts in this thread)

The thread on shaving was placed in a section titled: "Real Issues in Adventism today. This suggests that males shaving is a significant issue for today. It is in that context that I made my comments.

Certainly the milestones of ones life are not salvational issues. And such comments were not placed in a section titles as being a real issue for SDAs today.

Gregory

• Members

okay

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

CoAspen, I know you were making a joke. :)

The reason I wrote what I did about the topic is because I felt that since the person who started the thread is a fairly new C/A member, his question should at least be given a bit of respect, no matter which forum it was in.

I thought that would be the polite and kind thing to do.

Others obviously don't think the way I do. shrug.gif

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
should at least be given a bit of respect, no matter which forum
???????????????

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Quote:
should at least be given a bit of respect, no matter which forum
???????????????

do you have an issue with that? (btw, you're quoting out of context...not a good thing to do)

btw, you're quoting out of context...not a good thing to do

No!

Really?

Surely not!

/tic

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________