ClubAdventist is back!

Time to close the Women's forum....

Neil D

Just want to place this idea in the public arena...

With all the vitriol and personal attacks being waged, I wonder if the whole forum should be either limit or completely shut down...It's becoming like the US politics forum...everyone can go in to the forum and read, but any idea contrary to the people in the US POLITICS forum, is shot down and ridiculed....

It maybe that many need a breather from this forum....It maybe that this forum attracts those whose biggest asset to posting is the negative attitude they normally inspire others with. It may be that this forum attracts those who type out incomplete thoughts that leave the reader with feelings of personal attacks, inadequacy in posting, and drifting thoughts all placed on the board without thought to the reactions....

A forum that makes enemies is not worthy of friends....

Input from all sides would be welcomed, and taken into consideration and submitted to the moderators circle and then to the administration....with a recommendation...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

It's one of the few forums where a view opposing W.O. can be expressed.

The problem is the extreme bias attitude of those who support W.O. and there willingness to tag team each other with rude comments that start and fuel the fires of an argument.

I say we keep it and have more strict monitoring of those who insist on starting arguments.

Why can't we simply post our opinions without the rude comments that will inevitably follow IF it appears those comments do not support your precious concepts of W.O.?

A recent example concerning a post I made and what followed:

"Another failure of comprehension!!

Another dismissive attitude on an answer to an erroneous post.

More of the continued disrespect."

What does that add to the dialog? Why should I have to endure such comments at all? If you don't like what somebody posted, leave it alone. DONT start the fire!

Quote:
Why can't we simply post our opinions without the rude comments that will inevitably follow IF it appears those comments do not support your precious concepts of W.O.?

One can only shake their head at the lack of comprehension....the above in RED is an example of rude and disrespect for others.

duno

Correct....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

The real issue here, Cricket, is to silence those who oppose W.O. But closing this forum won't do that, same posts will appear in another forum. Rinse and repeat.

The real solution is to stop the personal, unwarranted attacks that feed the fires of an argument. Like calling people "trolls" saying they have a complete lack of "comprehension". Or claiming their post is "false" (a nice way of calling them a liar). Or being told their "working for the devil"! I have been personally told all of the above. ALWAYS in relation to posting some comment or starting some thread that opposes W.O. It just drives those who do support W.O. to insane levels of anger!

Now of course people may request additional information, or something to support the position they take. But calling them "liars", "trolls", lacking in "comprehension" or telling their work is from the "devil" doesn't do that. It tends to incite a riot, it tends to start an argument, and then a tag team takes over. Piling on the negative comments.

And that will happen no matter what the forum may be, rinse and repeat. The problem is not the forum, it's handful of people that love to argue and DEMAND that you see things their way, or else.

It's just being disrespectful of those that disagree with your cherished position.

There is nothing new under the sun. There will always be rude insults and name calling as long as there is oxygen left to breathe. Doesn't matter who speaks, what issues are spoken of, which forums are used, which sites are used, where the posts are coming from, what time of day...and so on and so forth.

At least, that's been my experience since we've owned a computer with Internet access.

I'm glad it's not the Women's Forum that will is under consideration for closure.

Women's forum- Ooh no....wouldn't do that to you girls....

So...do you girls get a bit "catty" like us guys when discussing things....?

George Bernard Shaw

"The problem is the extreme bias attitude of those who support W.O. and there willingness to tag team each other with rude comments that start and fuel the fires of an argument."

That is my personal testimony on the issue, what I have personally seen and experienced. I take it you disagree with my opinion Neil. The name calling certainly demonstrates extreme bias.

Neil says,

"You are the reason this thread is up."

Indeed Neil, well said. Because your attempts to have me banned have failed? Perhaps you will succeed yet! One thing is for sure, I will not be silenced on my support for the leadership and authority of this Church as long as I am here. Closing this forum won't stop that.

Olger has dared to speak out on the issues of W.O. and he too has had his threads closed and endured the rude comments. NO ONE is immune to the vicious onslaught by those who support W.O. They WILL have rule or ruin.

The voices in support of the leadership of this Church are few, but someone has to stand up and be counted.

Not that my opinion means anything but it matters not to me one way or the other what you all do about this forum. I can honestly say that I am on the fence about the issue. I also know that there is no scripture explicitly stating that women should not be ordained, just as there is no real scripture that says that a man has to be ordained to be a pastor. Personally, I think it is one huge sticky wicket for the denomination. I know pastors within the denomination who are for it, against it and on the fence about it. No need to really worry about it because I believe Jesus will be back before long anyway.

Quote:
The problem is not the forum, it's handful of people that love to argue and DEMAND that you see things their way, or else.

It's just being disrespectful of those that disagree with your cherished position.

So how are things going in front of that mirror?

thinkingflower

Quote:
So how are things going in front of that mirror?

thinkingflower

Despite the petunia, the word snide comes to mind. I didn't even know there was a woman's forum.

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

The only "demand" that I have is that an opposing view point to W.O. be allowed to exist on this forum!

When you take that away, you will be left with ONE side of the issue and one side only. This would please many no end. And if that is to be, then you have brought it on yourself. Rule by intimidation will have won. The truth, whatever it may be, will have lost because the dialog has been stopped.

I didn't even know there was a woman's forum.

There are forum on this board that most don't know anything about.....Those forums are by invitation only....

I think, and I may be wrong about this, for the women's forum...you have to prove that you are a woman to get in....

[tic]

George Bernard Shaw

>The only "demand" that I have is that an opposing view point to W.O. be allowed to exist on this forum!<

And it has! If it hadn't been, some people would have been gone a long time ago!

Again, a false cry!

According to some, those for WO are always wrong and those Against are always right.

Pastors are told repeatedly, they do not know what they are talking about, even with all their many years of experience, simply because they support WO. Those against have been very vocal and suppressed, up to now. But when a continues lack of respect shown towards others, threads do get shut down. Tis a common tactic over the years to say anything and disrespect others so much until the thread is closed. Quite often then persons will go to other forums and complain or start more threads with the same attitude until those are closed as well. The lack of respect for mods is common as well, just like any pastor gets from his own members.

I don't want the forum closed because it means the toxic postings have won.

• Members

The only "demand" that I have is that an opposing view point to W.O. be allowed to exist on this forum!
I'm in agreement Club.

Originally Posted By: ClubV12
When you take that away, you will be left with ONE side of the issue and one side only. This would please many no end. And if that is to be, then you have brought it on yourself. Rule by intimidation will have won. The truth, whatever it may be, will have lost because the dialog has been stopped.
With this I disagree. I think both sides have made many rude statements to each other. I've been one that has always been on the side of WO. Than I heard a sermon by Doug Batchelor, he made a very convincing argument against WO. I have seen been on this side, but like DB, if it happens I will support it.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost
I didn't even know there was a woman's forum.

There are forum on this board that most don't know anything about.....Those forums are by invitation only....

I think, and I may be wrong about this, for the women's forum...you have to prove that you are a woman to get in....

[tic]

giggle Now Neil, whatever (or whoever) suggested that the women's forum requires proof of being a women to get in??? duno

rollingsmile

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I don't want the forum closed because it means the toxic postings have won.

And the toxic postings would flow into every other forum

As a matter of fact,there should be a forum for discussions of homosexuality as well.

Maybe Stan could create a whole new section called "Toxic Wasteland" and put the political discussions and a few other types in it.

It's one of the few forums where a view opposing W.O. can be expressed.

The problem is the extreme bias attitude of those who support W.O. and there willingness to tag team each other with rude comments that start and fuel the fires of an argument.

I say we keep it and have more strict monitoring of those who insist on starting arguments.

A recent example concerning a post I made and what followed:

"Another failure of comprehension!!

Another dismissive attitude on an answer to an erroneous post.

More of the continued disrespect."

What does that add to the dialog? Why should I have to endure such comments at all? If you don't like what somebody posted, leave it alone. DONT start the fire!

FORSOOTH,

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Women's forum- Ooh no....wouldn't do that to you girls....

So...do you girls get a bit "catty" like us guys when discussing things....?

Actually, no, we don't. We uplift and pray for each other, it's a very nice and safe place to be. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

wouldn't want it any other way.....

George Bernard Shaw