ClubAdventist is back!

SO WHAT?

Stan

• Administrators

I agree if Wo opens the way for more Women to become available for Spiritual labor, what a great blessing.

can you clarify where your quote on Mary is from? (WM 146.2)

My life has been profoundly impacted by the ministry of spiritual women, preaching, teaching, relating, and modeling. Olive Featherston, Ruthie Jacobsen, and Juanita Kretschmar, Florence Stenzel to name a few. One a conference employed Bible worker, two Conference President's wives in active ministry, and one a school teachers wife.

It would not have brought any harm to me if any of these women had been ordained.

Yes i have also been spiritually blessed by the ministry of spiritual men, but under the watchful eye of their wives, or of themselves. Those ministering spiritually need to be tactful, and able to reach the heart with responsible decorum, and gracious with respect to human nature, awareness of vulnerability, and with uncompromising principle.

The potential for confusing of signals good to know, and a present respect for boundaries is good to have.

If WO encourages more women to seek the Holy Spirit and seek to become qualified to minister spiritually then what a great untapped human resource of spiritual labor would be made available to reach vast groups of unreached people in need of spiritual labors.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Moderators

Quote:
can you clarify where your quote on Mary is from? (WM 146.2)

Tom got it from WELFARE MINISTRY, page 142.

EGW originally said it in a Signs of the Times article dated September 16, 1886.

WELFARE MINISTRY is a compilation that was published in 1952.

In the citation that Tom gave, EGW makes an interesting comment about women which Tom did not quote:

Quote:
They may be instruments of righteousness, rendering holy service. It was Mary who first ...

To me, EGW telling us that women can render "holy service" is placing their work on a higher spiritual level than that of visiting the sick and assisting in the baptism of females.

Oh, well, what do I know. There will probably be those who come here and tell us that baking a loaf of bread for potluck is holy service and will be able to document their position with a citation to EGW.

Gregory

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:
They may be instruments of righteousness, rendering holy service. It was Mary who first ...

To me, EGW telling us that women can render "holy service" is placing their work on a higher spiritual level than that of visiting the sick and assisting in the baptism of females.

flower