ClubAdventist is back!

What do you think?

Tom Wetmore

• Members

Originally Posted By: M. T. Cross
Absolutely Deb, in each persons personal walk. But the religions are full of dogma.

Let me ask you this, are you a follower of Christ first, or are you an SDA first and foremost?

May I give my perspective from this question?

First of all I am a worshiper of the creator God who transcends time and space but also reaches out to us within time and space. Thus I accept as brothers and sisters all those who are reaching out to that God in some manner.

Second, I believe that this God has revealed himself to people and that the most important revelations have been recorded in the Bible. So second I am a student of the Bible to get to know my God better. In the Bible I read about Jesus, who I understand is the God who I love and worship, having come down to live among us and die for us. Thus I am a follower of Jesus.

I see the 3 monotheistic religions that look at the Bible has more truth available to them. Sadly many are not taking advantage of the truth that they have and there are those who do not belong to these religions who are being more faithful with what they understand, but there is a special advantage to members of these 3 religions.

I see Seventh-day Adventism as a unique situation: On the one hand we are an organized group, a religion. But on the other hand we are a movement that transcends religion. Our founders came from many different churches, and some of the issues that we are dealing with in the church is because so many of us approach Seventh-day Adventism from different perspectives. Our early missionaries offered the Jews a Jewish version of Adventism. There are Muslims who have applied Adventism to Islam and their faith.

:like:thumbsup The only thing I would add to what you've posted, is the point about Jesus. Not only did he come down from heaven to die for us, but he was also our creator.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

this struck me funny...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
The only religions that I know of that claim to have THE truth are the Abrahamic ones

By that definition that would include all receiving Jesus, no matter the resident organization.

"And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise."" Galatians 3:29 NASB

God blesses! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!