ClubAdventist is back!

Evangelistic Meetings

Dr. Shane

Our church started an evangelistic crusade last night. We had 273 people come and only 53 of them were church members. It is an English-speaking church in a community where English-speaking people are in a minority. We will have to wait and see how many keep coming.

One thing we started doing some years ago is giving newly baptized members an Adventist satellite dish so they would have Adventist TV in their home and pairing them up with a mentor in the church. Those two things seems to help in retention of newly baptized members.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Good idea!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members
One thing we started doing some years ago is giving newly baptized members an Adventist satellite dish so they would have Adventist TV in their home and pairing them up with a mentor in the church. Those two things seems to help in retention of newly baptized members.
I like that Shane. When you say satellite dish, do you mean just the dish or the receiver and dish? Obviously it seems that the receiver and dish together would be probably to much? So I'm thinking only the dish itself? But none the less a great idea.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Yes, it is the dish and receiver. I think the church get a discount when they buy ten or twenty at a time. However now I am wondering if the Roku Streaming Player isn't a better option for some... it is cheaper. Hope Channel is a free channel on it.

• Members

I did purchase a roku, it has 3ABN, Hope and Amazing Facts

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight is the last night of this crusade. We are baptizing 22 souls for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Evangelism is alive in South Texas.

No, I havne't bought a Roku but it is looking like it is a good option. I recently downloaded the 3ABN and Hope Channel aps for my tablet and can watch them very good there. The message is getting out. We are members of a wonderful church.

• Administrators

Nice!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Praise God. He is merciful and compassionate, and Able to save to the uttermost all who come to him in Jesus name, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

Praise God. He is merciful and compassionate, and Able to save to the uttermost all who come to him in Jesus name, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession.

I like this, Deb! If we are not healed instantaneously that doesn't detract from the promise, and a mighty promise it is!