ClubAdventist is back!

Not what you might expect...

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

La Sierra University Reaches Another Record Enrollment

By Marilyn Thomsen

Nearly 500 first-year students arrived for orientation in September. These newcomers helped push La Sierra University to record enrollment for the fourth straight year.

Lasierraclass2017_small_thumb

La Sierra University has reached the highest enrollment in its history, with 2,478 students enrolled for the Fall 2013 term as of Oct. 4. This is the fourth year in a row that La Sierra has seen an enrollment increase. Over that time, the student body has grown by 33 percent.

"We are especially pleased with the large number of returning students," says President Randal Wisbey. "I believe this reflects their satisfaction with the quality education they are receiving at La Sierra."

The H.M.S. Richards Divinity School saw the largest growth this fall, with a 29 percent jump in undergraduate majors and a 16 percent increase in graduate students. Biology students have enrolled in such large numbers that the university has outfitted two new labs to accommodate demand.

The film and television program, launched last year, has already more than doubled in enrollment. The criminal justice program has grown to 183 students and expanded to a second campus in Ontario. And residence halls are filled nearly to capacity, continuing a trend from last year.

“We are excited to see this record enrollment,” says Wisbey. “It is our honor to be able to provide a strong academic environment within a context of Christian faith and service to our growing student body." http://pacificunionrecorder.adventistfaith.org/issue/86/11/1642

My reaction - Controversies surrounding LSU seem to have done nothing to damage its appeal as an Adventist university. Despite harsh criticism and condemnations by some seemingly intent on destroying LSU's reputation among Adventists, it seems potential students are unfazed by all of it. Maybe the apparent strategy and objective to undermine and caste doubt about LSU by its critics just backfired.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

**off topic**

I still can't get my head around the fact that Randy Wisbey is the LSU President. I haven't talked with him in years, but he and I always partnered up for team drama readings at WWC and had a blast. Funny guy!

...and his Grandpa Wisbey was my Driver Ed instructor....I can still hear him telling me, "YOU'RE GONNA HIT THAT CAR!! YOU'RE GONNA HIT IT!! (I didn't hit the car!!!!)

**back to topic**

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?