ClubAdventist is back!

When Clergy are afraid to die..

Stan

This is not a testimony to anyone other than those who would find comfort in drawing closer to the King of kings.

While I don't look forward to the possibilities of the way I may die, considering that Jesus' coming is right at the door, since Mishael, Hananiah and Azariah, not to mention John the revelator,

found one of their worst experiences just a warm bath and a warm house party with the Son of God, I choose to rely on God's promises to any and all who are willing to submit their lives to Him Who has never broken a promise He's made to them.

Besides, it's His righteousness with which our judgment will be based, not our leaky boat of personal plans. Our fears are just a reflection indicating misplaced trust in ourselves.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."1 John 4:18 NKJV

Since my love is not yet perfect, I dare not trust in it, but rather rely on His for comfort and confidence.

"And God chose me to be....a teacher of this Good News.

That is why I am suffering here.... But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.

Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned....shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus."2 Timothy 1:11-13 NLT

There are many expectations laid upon men God has chosen as His disciples. They need our prayers far more than our demands.

God cares! Jesus saves!

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

"clergy are people too".

there is trauma being with the dying, and some specialize in desensitizing themselves to this, as in hospice workers. it is not the same for everyone.

i think there is a place for choosing to be less sensitive about some things and working on doing this. some get hurt feelings over anything and this would help them.

some individuals have a phobic reaction to blood, sometimes just their own blood. i imagine some good doctors have had to desensitize themselves to aspects of health care delivery they were sensitive about. maybe that has something to do with what they specialize in.

my brother knew a pastor who could not do hospitals. just approaching the door resulted in inhibiting pain. for some it is closed spaces, or heights, for some it is "the end of the world".

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.