ClubAdventist is back!

So what truly is the down side?

M. T. Cross

As I read this forum I always come back to one question.

What is the worst thing that can happen if womens ordination is approved?

• Members

Exactly

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Whether it is male ordination or female ordination, the worst thing that could happen is that we believe everything the pastor male or female says without studying for ourselves asking for the guidance of the only true God and His only begotten Son.

grw

• Administrators

i think the worst thing would be if it precipitated any of the below

a deep distrust of our servants in the Conferences, Unions or Divisions.

fear of the apostasy of the denomination.

members withdrawing membership because of disagreement.

sabotage of women in new positions in the churches, conferences, unions and divisions.

anger, controlling power plays, and other kinds of behaviors self justified, but divisive and hurtful to the cause of Christ.

there is already evidence of flavors of these reactions already.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

i think the worst thing would be if it precipitated any of the below

a deep distrust of our servants in the Conferences, Unions or Divisions.

fear of the apostasy of the denomination.

members withdrawing membership because of disagreement.

sabotage of women in new positions in the churches, conferences, unions and divisions.

anger, controlling power plays, and other kinds of behaviors self justified, but divisive and hurtful to the cause of Christ.

there is already evidence of flavors of these reactions already.

Those are great points, really great points actually.

They bring up another question though (as most great answers do). What does that say more about - the act of ordaining women or the people that would perpetuate these types of reactions?

I may be a bit rusty on my Bible history, but it seems to me that very similar types of reactions were perpetuated by a portion of the Jews in reaction to Jesus' teachings. They went so far as to have him killed over it.

My opinion only...I see many parallels with the institution of religion in Christs day. You can read on another thread in this section about the history of women in the church, the male dominance, the reasons for and all of the desire to follow the will of God, believing man was in control. They ancient Jewish leaders had lost site of God in their desire to be 'correct' and totally missed who Christ was. All that we have happening today is a distraction to the message of Christ and will continue as long as the church desires to speak for God and be 'correct'. I wonder how that has all been missed. We know so much about the history of the Jews, that we are blind today of our own path.

This is a world wide 'organization' and it is trying to protect itself at the expense of spreading the good news of salvation in Christ, in my opinion. I see this as a huge waste of time and monies, as time will end and God will use whatever means, as spoken of in the Bible, to save people.

There is no down side the the question of WO, we are already on the downside...time to go forward and let the H*S guide each person in their own life to let others know about the eternal life promised to all.

• Administrators

whenever true spiritual life expresses itself, the non spiritual rises up against it.

there is no peace between righteousness and unrighteousness.

the spirit of persecution is aroused against the spirit of Christ whenever they meet.

the true way to know you have the spirit of Satan is if you have the inclination to punish or hurt those who do not agree with you, and or those who do not appreciate what you are doing, or how you are doing it.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

whenever true spiritual life expresses itself, the non spiritual rises up against it.

there is no peace between righteousness and unrighteousness.

the spirit of persecution is aroused against the spirit of Christ whenever they meet.

the true way to know you have the spirit of Satan is if you have the inclination to punish or hurt those who do not agree with you, and or those who do not appreciate what you are doing, or how you are doing it.

Profound! Makes this below even more important.

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."Matthew 10:16 KJV

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me."John 15:4 NASB

God/Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!