ClubAdventist is back!

Losing faith

Geoarrge

In the last nine years I have really only asked God for one thing. According to Scripture, what I have asked to receive is unquestionably and absolutely good. I find myself continually stumbling, and every time I have set my mind to doing something productive it has fizzled out. When I try to rethink the solution the answer comes back the same. I ask God to correct me if I am wrong and He is silent. I ask God to help me with whatever might need to happen first and nothing seems to change. I go to church and get a vague impression of feeling better that goes away after a couple days.

Honestly, now, I'm getting tired of this. The experience is not making me a better person and I find myself no longer having the conviction to discuss matters of faith confidently. Right now, it seems that God simply does not care about me and there is no power in the name of Jesus Christ. The only thing left that would make any sense is that God is waiting for witnesses. Pray for me, please, and see if it makes a difference.

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• Members

The only thing left that would make any sense is that God is waiting for witnesses.
Not sure I understand this statement! What witnesses??

Originally Posted By: Geoarrge
Pray for me, please, and see if it makes a difference.
Will definitely be praying Geoarrge

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
The only thing left that would make any sense is that God is waiting for witnesses. Pray for me, please, and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for giving me my Divine appointment for today, Geoarrge.

Having been a Seventh Day Adventist for going on 50 years, and still finding moments in my life when my emotions prompt me to give less than I know God wants me to give, as I'm convinced by His Word, I more often than not resort to the reality of Who He is and what it indicates of His willingness and capability to supersede any weakness that I have, whatever that might be.

That more often than not means allowing Him to change me into what is a cooperative effort on my part to submit to His will.

"And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16 NKJV

"If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13 NASB

"All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. "

Matthew 11:27-29 NKJV

Every morning I purposefully give my life to Him, to give to or to take from me everything He thinks is best for me to keep or to give up.

This afternoon I received a federal income tax demand telling me I owe some $7,000 dollars back taxes from a previous year. I can either act in anger or fear, believing them to be mistaken, and being on Social Security plead for whatever they can work out to make it possible for me to comply with their demand. All this of course after taking the circumstance to my Father in Heaven and ask Him to make it possible for me to accomplish that which right now I have no idea will be accomplished.

Whatever the IRS decides, it is my belief that God will make it possible to accomplish, in the name of His Son Jesus and in order to give honor to His name, for one or more of His suppliant children.

Your prayers for me would be greatly appreciated and we, praying together for each other, can claim this promise according to His grace, His grace being greater than all our sins.

"“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”"Matthew 18:19,20 NLT

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Not sure I understand this statement! What witnesses??

NKJV Matthew 18:19-20

19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

• Members

Thanks, was thinking something else. Will be praying and pretty sure there are more than 3 of us. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I'll pray for you.

Please don't give up. I know it's difficult, especially when you're asking God for things that He has said He will give.

Is it possible that He's already sent some help, and that you haven't seen it? For example, are you waiting for a dream or a vision or to hear God's voice, when He may have sent a sign in nature, circumstances, or a sermon, lecture, or a friend who talks too much instead?

Whatever you do, keep praying. You need that connection with God.

• Administrators

((( Geoarrge )))

There is no worse feeling, I think, than uncertainty. I hear ya.

Thanks for bouncing it off the brethren here. I'm sure that some helpful tips will come around.

Waiting is tough and trying to one's faith, for sure. And yet, unless we had some times to see through we wouldn't have opportunity to exercise our personal faith.

My advice would be to go back to God's word and trust in how it says to live. Keep on trusting even though you have no idea how it will end. The faithful mentioned in Hebrews all died without even receiving what was promised them. Yet they are not forgotten in Scripture.

Thank you for sharing your dilemma with us. I pray that a solution will come that you can recognise. It will come in God's timing, unless the answer from Him is simply, No. We all go through one of those from time to time. Don't be afraid if that is your answer.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thanks. I guess the thing at the bottom of this is that I need to take control of my living situation, which means either getting a new job under miraculous circumstances, or finding a good source of motivation to get me through the daily slog of training myself to a professional level as an artist, which I believe is my true calling. In matters of self-discipline I have generally been terrible; I have kept trying and so far have not gotten anywhere, and grow increasingly sick of having to do everything alone. But I was taught to believe that if I followed God, He would have my back.

What kind of art do you want to make money doing? I'm mainly interested in watercolor to illustrate several Christian books/stories.

I seem to be gravitating toward illustration using mainly CG painting and modeling, maybe eventually getting back into animation.

It's more important to give God control of your life and your situation. Even if He wants something for you different than what you want, please keep in mind that God wants you to be eternally happy in Heaven, and often He allows hard times and calls us to make sacrifices in order to save us. Please don't give up on Him...

• Administrators

Thanks. I guess the thing at the bottom of this is that I need to take control of my living situation, which means either getting a new job under miraculous circumstances, or finding a good source of motivation to get me through the daily slog of training myself to a professional level as an artist, which I believe is my true calling. In matters of self-discipline I have generally been terrible; I have kept trying and so far have not gotten anywhere, and grow increasingly sick of having to do everything alone. But I was taught to believe that if I followed God, He would have my back.

Well, you are not alone, for you have many friends here who will encourage you and lift you up in prayer to the throne of God. :)

The self-discipline thing- what works best for me is not trying, per se. It comes best by learning of Jesus and meditating on His love for you and His way of dealing with people. He has a way of making us see the bigger picture of His plan.

I wish you the best in changing your life circumstances so that they are more in line with the goal you are envisioning.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

The problem is that I have asked God to step in and show me how to get out of this and start doing something that will bring honor to Him. I've been asking for nine years, and it seems as though all that has happened were just occasional false signs of hope, leading nowhere when I tried to follow them. All I have to go on is whatever is within myself, which hasn't been enough, but it will have to be unless something changes.

Facing this reality, I'm starting to feel insane for trying to continue coming up with a theological explanation for it. Sure, based on some of the subject matter of the work I've found myself attempting, there may have been a need for me to learn sympathy for non-believers. But I think by now, I've learned that lesson about as well as possible without becoming one. And maybe there's a particular level of doubt, at which it is possible to ask certain uncomfortable questions more fearlessly and still be interested in searching for good answers. But how does continuing to leave me stuck here, not managing to do much of anything with my life bring glory to God? I want to be better than this.

• Administrators

Bless your heart for having the will to do it!

I wonder if you would be willing to try a new strategy... Try reading Scripture. You are reading Scripture already, but try reading it with a sense that God will speak through His word and He has something for YOU. And seek to find hidden gems. There are certain chapters and verses that hold principles that are universal, and there are some that are meant, through the Holy Spirit, just for yourself.

When, as you are reading, the Spirit nudges you, dwell on the verse He has stopped you at. Memorise that thought and learn it until it becomes yours. Then ask the Holy Spirit to help you live it today. Remind yourself of the verse many times in your day.

You will find upon reflection afterwards that the areas the Spirit has brought to your attention are what was needed, not particularly what you wanted. But that's all part of the bigger picture. The larger issues will be addressed. As you go God will tell you which parts of life you can do for yourself and which parts to trust to Him. As you see Him working in the smaller issues of your day you will learn what to do with the big ones.

• Administrators

If God brought our into existence with His word, he can handle us through His word, too, especially His promises. But even what He has inspired men with is a good as a promise, because the Bible says that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2)

If you at the lives of well-known Christians, those who accomplished wonderful things in this life, you will notice that they were all fervent Bible believers and had much knowledge (principles) stored up that they lived by.

• Administrators

Geoarrge, we are all pulling for you, here! Keep us informed and we will pray for you and encourage you. We just can't give it to you nor do it for you. That is between you and God Himself.

• Administrators

Geoarrge, I realize that it is difficult to keep your faith when you want to follow your dreams and ask God for help and guidance. God's time is not our time, there is something to be learned about every job, every experience, every day that we live. All of these experiences can add up to be valuable assets for the position that God has in store for you.

Even Jesus had to work with his father doing manual labor prior to His ministry. I am sure those heavy stones, the awful heat and long hours were not pleasant for the son of God, but Jesus did it ... he paid the price. Perhaps the years of being the son of a poor carpenter gave him greater empathy for the working class in his land ... perhaps it was a part of his preparation.

From experience I can tell you life is not always easy. I have been up and thought I would never see another poor day. I have been down and walked from place to place in search of work. I wouldn't trade anything for those experiences. They prepared me for, and brought me to the place I am today.

We must make the most of every second of every minute of every hour of every day; God seeks good stewards. Be thankful for the roof over your head, the electricity for your computer, the food you have to eat.

We were taught to pray, "Not my will but thine be done" sometimes we misread what God wants us to do ... I know I have done that more than once ... I have had do do many of a U-turn and had sore knees from talking to God.

I pray that you will withstand the test of faith, maximize your time each day, keep busy doing productive activities and trust in our Lord to lead. Blesssings

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God