ClubAdventist is back!

Pacific Union Info on WO...

Tom Wetmore

• Moderators

Rossw, your post is NOT out of line.  It is well within what is permissible.

Green, the issue with me in not what you believe about the NIV.  I do not have any desire to change your mind.  I have no intention of debating with you the appropriate translation of any verse.

If anyone want to do that, it would be quite appropriate to do so in another thread. 

In my personal opinion, when someone comes here and refers to a Bible translation as the "Not Inspired Version (NIV)" that person is presenting themself to me as mocking what many consider to be a Bible.  While I often disagree with Green, I also am known to agree with him.   In spite of my disagreement with him at times, I have respected him in the past and I have respected his sojourn her in CA many times.  But, I am deeply offended by his use of those term in relation to the NIV and to be blunt, in this regard, I think that he is doing the work of Satan.

As I said, his offense does not rise to the level of the other person, whom I blocked (hid).  So, I have not hidden Greens post.  It is open.  Others may read it and form their own opinion.

• Like 2

Gregory

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 3:03 PM, Tom Wetmore said:

( Head as source or origin is a meaning that seems quite lost by the teachers of the headship heresy.  Think "headwaters" of a river.)  

Is there evidence of this? This is the crux of the discussion on what "head" means in 1 Cor. 11 and Ephesians 5:23. Interpreting those verses with headwaters does not make logical sense unless one were imposing their own pretext into them.

• Administrators

The order of creation argument makes sense with the source/origin meaning. The woman came from the man. He was the source for the woman. She originated through him.  (But don't forget that all men since have their origin through a woman.) The man came from God. God was the source of man. His origin was by or through God.  

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Yes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)