ClubAdventist is back!

Your Cell Phone vs your Bible?

Sojourner

Which gets more of your time in any one day, your Bible or your Cell Phone?

---------

What if we began to treat our Bibles the way we treat our cell phones?

What if we...

...carried it with us everywhere?

...turned back to get it if we forgot it?

...checked it for messages throughout the day?

...used it in case of an emergency?

...spent an hour or more using it each day?..

• Moderators

I know many who have a Smart Phone with a Bible app. installed on it and spend time reading the Bible on their Smart Phone.

Gregory

• Administrators

I know many who have a Smart Phone with a Bible app. installed on it and spend time reading the Bible on their Smart Phone.

This is very convenient when you are driving and wish to "read" a particular section of the Bible. Just turn it on and let it read to you. What could be easier ... and you can select which version you wish to hear.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Yes, I have a Samsung Note Book where I have access to all kinds of Bibles, ClubAdventist, and the Sabbath School lesson, connected wherever I am. It is ia great blessing. It also gives me access to any book by Ellen White, as well as the latest news.

• Moderators

In the SDA church that I attend, many people bring follow the SS Class discussion and sermons on Bible versions in their tablets and smart phones.

NOTE: Did you know that there is an App that puts the SDA hymnal on your tablet/

NOTE: The Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses have a lot of their literature that can be put on a smart phone and a tablet.

Gregory

• Administrators

Yes, I have a Samsung Note Book where I have access to all kinds of Bibles, ClubAdventist, and the Sabbath School lesson, connected wherever I am. It is ia great blessing. It also gives me access to any book by Ellen White, as well as the latest news.

Yep! My phone has all this and I have gotten hymns, too, to sing with in church.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Don't you just love the electronic age? I do!!

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

As I have said before: The pastor of the SDA Church attends posts his tablet cell phone number on the screen at the beginning of his sermon. He tells people to text him a message if they wish during his sermon. When they do, he announces it and responds to their question, if a question was asked.

He does this every time he preaches.

Yes, he has his tablet on the pulpit with him, on, open and he get the text immediately.

Gregory

• Moderators

But it is terribly distracting to those sitting near you in the pews to see that electronic screen lighted up and being watched, rather than the owner attentively listening to the sermon.

Or so it seems to me.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

My observation: People of like minds sit together. People who object, as you said, do not sit by people who are doing it.

Gregory

• Moderators

My observation: People of like minds sit together. People who object, as you said, do not sit by people who are doing it.

I agree, Gregory. But that applies only when the cell-phone users do not come in late and sit down in front of me!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

Those regulars who come in late sit where the other users are.

Gregory