ClubAdventist is back!

Expecting forgiveness from another person.

Sojourner

I came across this small devotion about Forgiveness and wanted to share it as I feel it has some meaning for Christians today. As Christians we are called to forgive each other, yet I wonder if our expectation that others should forgive us has become automatic and perhaps we can become flippant towards how that other person actually feels about having been hurt by us?

- Grab a plate and throw it on the ground.

---------- Okay, done.

- Did it break?

---------- Yes.

- Now say sorry to it.

---------- Sorry.

- Did it go back to the way it was before?

---------- No.

- Do you understand?

Quote:
- Grab a plate and throw it on the ground.

---------- Okay, done.

- Did it break?

---------- Yes.

- Now say sorry to it.

---------- Sorry.

- Did it go back to the way it was before?

---------- No.

- Do you understand?

The plate has no inherent life, either of its' own or that given by a superior being. But discounting those facts, if in being truly sorry, I pick up the pieces and apply insta-glue, while the scars remain evident depending upon the skill of the one who did the damage, the plate becomes useful as before.

God heals! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Repentance ought to be accompanied by a sincere offer to make restitution to the extent possible.

Jesus forgave, the scars remain.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

• Administrators

What can you do if the person chooses not to forgive?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Forgive them.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Forgive them.

:like:

It not only helps to placate the offended one, it helps to deliver the one who forgives from self-imposed slavery.

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

To my mind, you seem to have missed the whole point. Of course our wrongs do damage -- damage which we ourselves are incapable of undoing. Otherwise, forgiveness wouldn't be forgiveness. The Christian is not under obligation to forgive because no harm has been done. You will want to forgive others because, whatever anyone else may have done to you, your wrongs against God are at least a million to one. (See Matthew 18.)

Yes, the one who asks forgiveness should be sincere. Yes, he or she should make things right as far as possible. However, when we are called upon to forgive, we should not leave God out of the equation, IMHO.

“The term “kintsugi” means ‘golden joinery’ in Japanese and refers to the art of fixing broken ceramics with a lacquer resin made to look like solid gold” (….and often actually using genuine gold powder in the resin). “Chances are, a vessel fixed by kintsugi will look more gorgeous, and more precious, than before it was fractured.”

A broken vessel, healed with Gold looks more majestic when it is put back together by the master. I have seen this in people a lot.

post-2-140967462127_thumb.jpg

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Beautiful illustration of an eternal Truth.

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

What can you do if the person chooses not to forgive?

This is where our expectations can really get us in trouble. We must remember that our expectations do not necessarily equal reality. A lot of people will never apologize, forgive, treat us as equals, acknowledge that they have ever done anything wrong at any time, or forgive us when we ask for it. Some people will even refuse to discuss things with us in our efforts to heal the relationship.

I think our only realistic expectation can be is that this is a world of sin and is filled with sinners.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville