ClubAdventist is back!

Making the world a better place?

Sojourner

If a friend or work colleague or anyone else approached you and asked you how the existence of the Seventh Day Adventist Church makes the world a better place, what would be your response?

The best response I could give is a witness of what a blessing the Sabbath is for me - a day of rest, relaxation and recreation with family and friends; a great day for a nap or doing charity work. Not for doing "good works; but because it's fun and fulfilling. I would end with something like "I don't have to observe the Sabbath; I GET to!"

• Administrators

A God who gives us a weekly holiday? Bring it on! :)

The church has been blessed in many ways, with knowledge of healing and truth. I was thinking today of revelation from Scripture that saved my daughter's life. And the living just gets better with time!

It is where I met Jesus :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Originally Posted By: Gail

It is where I met Jesus :)

Praise God, and may I say that's probably why Stan said what he said some time ago.

Quote:

I think more people have added Gail as their friend on here than anyone else.

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

thumbsup

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

If a friend or work colleague or anyone else approached you and asked you how the existence of the Seventh Day Adventist Church makes the world a better place, what would be your response?

I was introduced to Van Halen at a campmeeting. It made my world a better place.

• Moderators

As organized in the present day, in the United States, the clinical facilities are separate from the church facilities. Therefore, you would not answer the question as to how the SDA Church has made the world a better place.

Gregory

• Moderators

The health message. The Great Controversy message, the truth about what (or rather who) hell fire is. That we have an option of believers besides the liberals who do not take the Bible and creation seriously and the fundamentalists with their narrow use of the Bible.