ClubAdventist is back!

​Out of the Closet

phkrause

Quote:
However what the gay and lesbian community see and are demanding as loving christian acceptance is far different.

That statement is not universally true. I know more LGBTs that are offended by the gay pride movement than those that revel in it. They think it is as stupid as it would be for heterosexual people to have parades saying "I make love with the opposite gender and am proud of it". For that matter, it's not just LGBTs that are gay pride activists; there are plenty of heterosexuals who support it as well.

Like most people, many LGBTs consider their sexuality to be personal; and they will only share it privately and discretely. They are "out of the closet"; but are offended by those who "parade" their sexuality around like its's a carnival event.

I can understand gay people wanting to be treated as "normal" though. We all want to be accepted. I hate to say it, but lot of people don't find SDAs "normal" either; cuz the only ones they have ever met are Taliban SDAs.

For my part, I care about as much about a person's sexuality as I do about their religion. I like nice people. I like mean people, too; I just hate their sin. bwink

That statement is not universally true. I know more LGBTs that are offended by the gay pride movement than those that revel in it. They think it is as stupid as it would be for heterosexual people to have parades saying "I make love with the opposite gender and am proud of it". For that matter, it's not just LGBTs that are gay pride activists; there are plenty of heterosexuals who support it as well.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:

You come across to me as having issues with a number of people who post here.

Have you followed your advice and gone to any of them as you have said should be done?

As to issues, you could be no more wrong, although you did say "come across to me". Who has the issue? I'm of the opinion everyone ought to have the right to think,say and do as they please. The Truth doesn't become any less or more of the reality it is, just because someone's opinion differs.

Jesus was hung on a cross for revealing the Truth, though He loved them despite their antagonism against Him. Who had the issue?

The fact that the Word is not an acceptable response has a number of different issues involved.

"some fell by the way side.... some fell on stony ground....some fell among thorns....other fell on good ground"Mark 4 KJV

My issues are contained in this below.

"...the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life...."1 John 2:16 KJV

My redemption is in this.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."1 John 1:9 KJV

I'm comfortable in my own skin without anyone changing theirs'.

At least until Jesus comes, when He'll give me a new one along with a lot of other appurtanences.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Do you always argue with peoples personal opinions/observations/belief? JoeMo simply states what he believes and you try to make a long dissertation out of your reply!

Just simply rude. You argue for no apparent reason.

dunoheavysigh

Do you always argue with peoples personal opinions/observations/belief? JoeMo simply states what he believes and you try to make a long dissertation out of your reply!

dunoheavysigh

It wasn't directed at you,it did not involve you. Generally speaking most on here are expressing their personal opinions and beliefs.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:
I haven't said anything about gay pride parades.

OK; I misread your post and probably over-reacted.

Quote:
In the end it won't matter a hoot what you prefer. I believe what will matter is what you did with the knowledge you had.

True; but what does that have to do with me preferring the company of nice people, regardless of their" issues" - as long as they're not pressing me to join them?

Quote:

True; but what does that have to do with me preferring the company of nice people, regardless of their" issues" - as long as they're not pressing me to join them?

Makes a lot of sense to me. "Nice" is a good word.

God/Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

OK; I misread your post and probably over-reacted.

Quote:
In the end it won't matter a hoot what you prefer. I believe what will matter is what you did with the knowledge you had.

As your read it,it doesn't.

Most of us prefer nice people to associate with. That really isn't the topic or the gist of this.

I prefer the company of the lesbian couple I have known for so long to many people. That doesn't have anything to do with my belief that a homosexual lifestyle is wrong. Just plain wrong.

Nor do I believe that in order to identify as christian I need to accept that as normal.Doing so eliminates any objection to a church wedding and holding any elective office that is available to other members. I believe there are many SDA's that would be just fine with that

It isn't up to me to badger them and condemn them,it was up to me when asked to answer truthfully.

• Administrators

The amount of religious angst that is expended on this issue would tend to give an alien landing on our planet the impression that sex somehow plays a very impotant role in our religion and worship of our God. One might get the impression that there must be a special secret ritual we practice in our house of worship that invloves sex. Are we so different than the ancient heathen religions that seek spiritual blessing through sex with the temple priests and priestesses?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

The amount of religious angst that is expended on this issue would tend to give an alien landing on our planet the impression that sex somehow plays a very impotant role in our religion and worship of our God. One might get the impression that there must be a special secret ritual we practice in our house of worship that invloves sex. Are we so different than the ancient heathen religions that seek spiritual blessing through sex with the temple priests and priestesses?

good point...especially since it really doesn't sound like there's going to be sexual activity in the New Earth...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
Quote:

It wasn't directed at you,it did not involve you. Generally speaking most on here are expressing their personal opinions and beliefs.

Maybe Co Aspen should have used the word "condescending" or "harsh" rather than "rude".From my PoV, it is somewhat difficult to have a pleasant discussion with you - but I'm probably being overly sensitive. I frequently avoid responding to your threads because I always feel like I've received a "dressing down" when I read your responses.

For the record, I have no problem with others responding to questions posed to me. Sometimes I don't have a good answer; and welcome the feedback of others.

Maybe Co Aspen should have used the word "condescending" or "harsh" rather than "rude".From my PoV, it is somewhat difficult to have a pleasant discussion with you - but I'm probably being overly sensitive. I frequently avoid responding to your threads because I always feel like I've received a "dressing down" when I read your responses.

For the record, I have no problem with others responding to questions posed to me. Sometimes I don't have a good answer; and welcome the feedback of others.

It is interesting how each perceives things differently.

Condescending is something that I see in many of you when you respond.

There is also an air of "christian superiority" from many of you.Sometimes subtle,other times much more blatant.Especially when topics like this are presented.

All it takes is for someone to state "this is wrong" .That seems to be taken to mean that any of this lifestyle will be beaten over the head with scripture at every opportunity or shunned.

I think it was in this topic I asked the question,What does mean to treat those involved in a homosexual lifestyle to be treated in a loving christian manner. Still no answer,just the typical.

Should visitors to our church be given a list of do's and don'ts so they understand what we believe? Of course not.

Should those that attend on a regular basis or express an interest have some understanding of what the SDA denomination believes? I think so. Instead what I think would be taken from this conversation and the recent previous one would be the those that oppose this lifestyle are in the wrong,because after all they sin to.

If I had a child struggling with this I would hope those they might turn to for help would be far different than what I see here.

Your post #698819 struck me much the same as you accuse me of.

The amount of religious angst that is expended on this issue would tend to give an alien landing on our planet the impression that sex somehow plays a very impotant role in our religion and worship of our God. One might get the impression that their must be a special secret ritual we practice in our house of worship that invloves sex. Are we so different than the ancient heathen religions hat seek spiritual blessing through sex with the temple priests and priestesses?

If this was the type of response that a family member of mine was given as a "loving christian response" I would do everything I could to prevent any more contact.

Perhaps to some sex is a non important role,the bible doesn't say that.

The eternal fate of those that abuse that aspect of life are destined for the same "reward" of those that dismiss as unimportant any of God's instruction.

For me,I don't feel the need to keep reminding my friends of my feelings towards their lifestyle.They know.OTOH,I would never tell them,"Well,it isn't as bad as...." Or those people should take the beam out of their own eye".

1 Corinthians 6:9 spells it out pretty plain.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

• Members

I think it was in this topic I asked the question,What does mean to treat those involved in a homosexual lifestyle to be treated in a loving christian manner. Still no answer,just the typical.

I never saw that question... but why would a "loving christian manner" of treating *anyone* be different based on sexual orientation? Is there some sort of "treatment continuum" that Christians use?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I don't think there is a "loving Christian manner"

There are people that treat others in a loving and/or respectful manner and there is those that don't. Most the time when people start bringing the Christian into why they are treating people with love and respect there is a tendency to find an ulterior motive behind it.

I never saw that question... but why would a "loving christian manner" of treating *anyone* be different based on sexual orientation? Is there some sort of "treatment continuum" that Christians use?

There shouldn't be. I asked that question be cause of the

statements made. The lesbian couple that I have been friends with forever are not treated any differently than a SDA friend.If I were asked by a SDA friend how I felt about ??? I would tell them.My response would not be,Well,it isn't as bad as..... or you know those that think it is wrong sin to.Just as I hope they would do for me

I would respond and let it go,but I would not make light of the behavior

Quote:

Exactly. Unfortunately, a lot of Christians use the "continuum method" of dealing with others. I see it here at CA, at my home church, and even the study groups in which I participate.

Exactly. Unfortunately, a lot of Christians use the "continuum method" of dealing with others. I see it here at CA, at my home church, and even the study groups in which I participate.

Why do you think that is? Or is it possible you are reading something into "a lot of "christians'behavior"?

What I see in the last number of posts is just a lot of desire for everything said by others, buttress that which "I" already know and believe.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts."Proverbs 21:2 KJV

Let's face it. We're not going to know everything better than everybody else till we get to heaven.....Uhhhh, well maybe that will be a lot farther away than that, like never.

Keep looking up! God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
I don't think there is a "loving Christian manner"

That's the difference between many Christian believers and the Master they profess to believe.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."John 14:12 KJV

And so what should be the best evidence enabling us to identify the true believer.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35 KJV

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!