ClubAdventist is back!

Who was your most influential childhood mentor?

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

wow! Interesting, M.T. !!!

My SDA 1st grade teacher had no business teaching, either. Not sure what it was with those old biddies...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

wow! Interesting, M.T. !!!

My SDA 1st grade teacher had no business teaching, either. Not sure what it was with those old biddies...

I swear this lady only wanted to teach us so she would have someone to shovel out her chicken coop....

I actually planned out a diabolical demise for her - but alas I did not carry it out.

Great story, MT. So in a way, music sorta saved your life. Although I was more acoustic, in a sense music was one of my biggest mentors. I was pretty quirky all my life; and therefore only a second-class citizen in most of the classes/schools I went to. I stuttered a lot. I could, however, sing without stuttering a play a pretty good keyboard and guitar. Crazy how many doors that opened. There are too many musicians that I have respected and admired to mention.

So in a way, music has been my biggest mentor and hero. It taught me self-confidence and gave me a dream for the future. I quit stuttering. Listening or playing music is one of the most effective tranquilizers in my life. I may not have ever realized my dream of becoming a famous musician/performer, but music still drives me. It is still my dream to focus on music in retirement.

• Administrators

Wow, what an eventful experience! I am so glad that you had that time out in the forest. I would have called that school.

If you were my teenaged kid I would have put you into some sort of work training and gotten you a tutor for the book stuff. That would have gotten you out into the work world (because schools are institutions and as such they often have a sub-culture that has the potential to damage the ones that don't fit). With work you would have related to adults who could have mentored you well, plus learned practical skills such as money management and dealing with people who were not cruel teens.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

MT, I can relate to that hockey/sports stuff and the Sabbath. I can remember playing most sports, except hockey and a few others. I was also very, very good at baseball, football and basketball. Of course everything came down to, if I play these than I will have to play on Sabbath. Of course at first I was really mad about that, but in the end I was glad I chose not to follow those careers. I believe I could've been outstanding at baseball, the other two, maybe.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Quote:
God will also bring you into contact with those He has prepared to help you.

I believe that is true. And also with those who He has prepared you to help them. I doubt if we know much about those times.

• Members

Quote:
God will also bring you into contact with those He has prepared to help you.

I believe that is true. And also with those who He has prepared you to help them. I doubt if we know much about those times.

Very true in deed. Sometimes it could be days, weeks, months or even years, before we think and say, you that's why I came in contact with that person. Good point RLH

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60