ClubAdventist is back!

BREAKING NEWS: Adventist Church Overhauls Publishing Ministry

CGMedley

• Administrators

I knew it was coming... There have been changes in my job. I am wondering how much longer I will be there

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

The problem as I have witnesses for many years. Companies keep laying off the actual people that do the work and keep the managers and higher ups. The companies than can't keep up with demand for the product and eventually have to close shop, because the is no one any longer to do the work. This happens in denominational companies now more and more. Very sad indeed.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Well, I don't know if that was such a rapid work. I and others in the business could see it coming for years. But for sure it has escalated in the last year or two.

I have often wondered whether people will even read at all in the future.

I don't know if I mentioned my recent trip to Chapters in Vancouver. They are still connected with Starbucks but they have also diversified into other inventory. The adult section has entertainment goods like artsy serving ware and the children's section, where we were heading, had a whole toy department on their outer walls. There were play stations for kids besides the one lady who was reading to a circle of kids. The toys were good, higher-end toys, educational and well-built. I think they are hoping to sell some books by default, catching some of the customers that come to the toy store.

One way to look at the literature ministry might be that as people buy less reading material that ours might be a novelty that they will actually hold in their hands and read. But I don't know. You can't share an e-book. If I want to distribute Bible promise books like I love to do, I like to have about a dozen real books to offer folk.

GLOW tracts have been going great guns, too. Those witnessing pamphlets are pretty hard to give away online.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.