ClubAdventist is back!

T D Jakes

Stan

• Moderators

The Lord gave him to us. What we need is more like him.

We have to remember Exodus 19: 5 and 6 says that the reason why God has a special people is because the whole world is His.

Thank you for sharing!!!

• Members
:like: TD Jakes is one of the few tele-evangelists that I watch every so often.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

We could use people like this,

???

This board nearly went into meltdown when I posted a short video of SDA Chaplain Barry Black speaking in tongues in an SDA church meeting, yet you are suggesting you would like the ministry of a Oneness Pentecostal...??? scaredthatsfunny

thumbsup

• Moderators

Sojourner, the Barry Black video has been questioned as to how authentic it was. What TD Jakes has to say here is worth hearing even if it was doctored...

• Members

I don't recall any meltdown's!! Just people disagreeing and giving there opinion. I for one didn't see or hear any speaking of tongues.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

there's a difference between posting a video for the sake of controversy versus posting a video with a message to which all should be able to relate....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
We could use people like this

Quote:
you are suggesting you would like the ministry of a Oneness Pentecostal...???

I hope he is suggesting that. Whether or not we need his doctrine, we need messages like that.

The observation that I am making here is based on the fact that I personally have no issue at all with Bishop TD Jakes or Barry Black using the Spiritual Gift of tongues in the biblical manner as they see fit to do so. Bishop Jakes is very open about how he uses and endorses Spiritual Gifts in Pentecostal ministry.

My understanding of SDA’s and the attitude of several people here is that they are openly opposed to Tongues used in the manner that TD Jakes does. Going on from that I am not sure how SDA’s would respond to the rest of his ministry which includes altar calls, personal prayer in tongues, prophecy, prophetic words of knowledge, healing and often ending with people being slain in the Spirit?

Hence my observation about being keen to have his ministry in your own churches. I would like to know how many posters in here really actually would like to have TD Jakes minister as he sees fit in the 10am Sabbath service at your church? By all means chalk me down for a yes vote, because again as long as his Spiritual Gifts are practiced in accordance with Scripture, - valid interpretation and so forth, why not?

Quote:
I would like to know how many posters in here really actually would like to have TD Jakes minister as he sees fit in the 10am Sabbath service at your church? By all means chalk me down for a yes vote, because again as long as his Spiritual Gifts are practiced in accordance with Scripture, - valid interpretation and so forth, why not?

Count me in too! One of the churches I support has come fully into spiritual gifts. We have testimony time that sometimes lasts so long the preacher can't preach his sermon; and we have prophetic words, words of wisdom, miracle healings, and people who have been "slain in the Spirit". About half of our congregation has a prayer language (i.e., speaks in tongues); although we are strongly discouraged from using it in public worship.

Our church was also banished from the denomination about 5 years ago. Yet, most of our membership still have their names "on the books".

I also support an SDA church that, although still "on the SDA books", seems to be headed in the same direction.

Because of the confusion in the religious world in this age, including the Christian faith, I'm satisfied following any man other than the Man Jesus as revealed in His Word through the leading of the Holy Spirit, is significantly dangerous for the assurance of the reward promised by Jesus at His coming.

"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”"Revelation 22:11-13 NKJV

This may be unsettling to some, but the message was given by the Apostle Paul in the love of Christ through the Holy Spirit.

"But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."2 Cor 11:12-15 NKJV

Later today, the Lord willing, I hope to pass along a bit of information given by an evangelist, responsible for thousands upon thousands of baptisms into the lord Jesus Christ, under the power of the Holy Spirit to be sure, about some plans he's making in light of where the religious world is today.

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!