ClubAdventist is back!

Where is your___________

LifeHiscost

• Administrators

I saw this before... Very interesting!

It was interesting to note that many of the results featured a natural look centering on skin quality. A couple added visible blush and a few colourful eye shadows, but for the most part a natural look was more or less maintained. Even the one from the United Kingdom did not show a heavily-lined eye which is stylish right now, reminding one of the Amy Winehouse or Adele eye look.

It is easy to call out a woman for too much colour, telling her that inner beauty is the thing that counts. But I wonder if you ask a woman that uses cosmetics if being noticed is really what she is after when she puts on her face every day.

Aging does funny things to the hair, nails and skin. I wonder how many ladies love going out showing the world their dark, blue circles or puffiness under their eyes or sun-spots on their hands or face as their skin becomes thinner? Or a red face as the pigment becomes uneven and the surface blotchy?

I wonder also if it is men who create these beauty standards or women and if there might be a difference if you took a poll of the genders as to what a beautiful woman would look like.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Gail, you are so 'right on' ... there are many reasons for women wearing makeup. I am reminded of a statement attributed to H.M.S. Richards, "If your barn needs painting, you should paint it."

When there is a skin condition due to unavoidable health issues, or age, a bit of cover can give a lady confidence and prevent people from asking, "Oh my dear, how did you get that rash, etc."

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

Quote:
If your barn needs painting, you should paint it.

:):):)

Now if I had applied that to women, I would have been taken to task.

:)

Gregory

• Administrators

Quote:
If your barn needs painting, you should paint it.

:):):)

Now if I had applied that to women, I would have been taken to task.

:)

Not as long as you leave it to the owner of the barn to decide whether or not it needs painting!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.