ClubAdventist is back!

Randy Skeete - Us & Them

Ron Bakker

• Moderators

I know a lot SDA pastors and none of them preach there is no law. There are a lot detractors who state extreme positions that are false and then proceed to knock them down. Effective but dishonest tactic.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

The straw man tactic is used a lot. Those who don't check things out for themselves are impressed.

LD

• Moderators

The pastor quoted from LAST DAY EVENTS. I checked out his citation from page 45. Let me ask you, how many people have LAST DAY EVENTS and are able to check that citation out? I do not think that there are very many. I am not saying that he misquoted from that 45th page.

However, while his citation did come from the page that he said, that citation was not the original. The original citation was from 5T 381 and 7T 138. To get the full context of what EGW actually said, one would have to go to the page in 5T & 7T. One would not get the full context from the 45th page of LAST DAY EVENTS.

All in all, his style was not mine. I would have preferred a better use of EGW's material.

Gregory

• Members

aside from the fact that (for me) the video was difficult to understand due to the incessant echoing, it seemed to me that the clip was inferring that the SDA church was *the* church of the last days. And the SDA message was the *us* and those who didn't have that message was *them*....

maybe I didn't understand... and perhaps the clip didn't fully explain the message the speaker was presenting...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?