ClubAdventist is back!

mission to mars and what that means to the church

hi there (not sure where this belongs, and i only wanted christian/sda input)

although it is many years away (2025/2035) i keep thinking about the "manned mission to mars"

from what i have read, everything seems to be set after the testing and i can't stop thinking about revelations.

if they have children there and die there it creates a problem for me

pharaphrase "the land will give up their dead, and the sea at the return of jesus" (we will awaken from our sleep).

so the way i think of it, revelations has to happen before this "manned mission to mars" or there is going to be a lot of confused people out there.

thoughts??

• Moderators

We have been to the moon and that has not caused any problems. I don't see any if we go to Mars, especially in the early exploration stage. Jesus would come to get us no matter where we are.

We have been to the moon and that has not caused any problems. I don't see any if we go to Mars, especially in the early exploration stage. Jesus would come to get us no matter where we are.
true and i have no problems with the power of God

in space/moon nobody has been left behind - as far as i know, no-body has died out there.

just the bible is very specific and seems to suggest "this earth"

it is probably not worth thinking about - besides it is a long time away.

i was just hoping someone had some thoughts :)

• Members

Christ is coming from out of our solar system...so I would imagine anywhere one might be within our solar system would not present a problem...

just my 2¢...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

very true and a good point pam.

he comes from the east and his brightness destroys (paraphrased)

but also when jesus returns and the dead are raised (second resurrection at the end of the 1000 years)

can you see where i am coming from? maybe i just think too much and want to know too many of God's mysteries :D

i am very greatful for what God has taught me already bwink i would hate to think where i would be if my eyes weren't opened.